Sunday, November 7, 2021

It's Been A Spell

I realized it had been a spell since I last posted on my blog...life...you know that thing that keeps moving with no consideration to the pace we want to travel.  A lot has happened this past week...I got my Moderna booster and that was not without some scheduling challenges...my car broke down...But, I am still putting one foot in front of the other giving thanks for the opportunities in my life.

I took this photo to share with you the fall colors and now that tree is bare...yes the time has changed and we are fast approaching winter.  It seems the Fall colors were just not long lasting enough this year.


These little guys continue to brighten my world.


My friend Karen has taken me down a rabbit hole that I am forever grateful for and at the same time fearful of, LOL...I have been non stop shopping paper-crafts and beads.



My friend Robin made this...yes! made this pottery cat for me.  She knows I would be a cat lady if I wasn't so allergic to them...so, she made me a pottery cat.  His name is Finn.  And, of course I named him!


I realized I hadn't shared the story or photos of our flight to Minnesota.  Naturally there would be a interesting moment in our travels...because there always is!  But for this flight it would be the "Coffee Catastrophe"  It goes without saying that we cross stitched our way across the US and that something would happen.  Although the sequence of events eludes me...I think she dropped her scissors.  Then she leaned down to find them, may or may not have dropped a baggy of cherry tomatoes which rolled around the floor. Dale's response, who was across the isle from us said...don't move your foot there is a tomato next to it. Then when Robin reached for the scissors bumped her table and spilled coffee on her cross stitch project and down her lap.

This is the photo before the coffee spill.  The project is Away we ride and the fancy floss on the border although a dark brown color ran red!!!!  She was 3/4 of the way done with this project.  So in her way and one of the reasons I love her...she put the project away and said she would see how she could salvage it when she got home.
  

Here, is the result...she used a bit of bleach...more coffee and a paint brush!  I love it even more than before!



So, what is the lesson in all this?  Surround yourself with people who are light on their feet...there can only be one drama queen in the family.

11 comments:

  1. Cusps to Robin for her innovative save for her piece. I’m glad she got the red that bled into the fabric out. What an unexpected series of events to that trip and your later adventures.

    I love the cat she created for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bleach? Bleach? EEK - she is brave! But it turned out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was watered down and applied with a Q tip🙏

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear bout your car! I cannot stand car problems.
    Such a huge inconvenience. Oh, Anna. I'm crazy cat lady enough for both of us. I'll give all of mine a hug and say it is from your Aunt Anna in Happy Valley LOL. We literally have a house full of rescue cats. Most of them are senior cats now. I feel like we are running an assisted living house for felines LOL. However, we love them so much!

    Life is what you make of it, and we creatives can turn a mess into a masterpiece. I thank God every day that I am a maker. It has saved me during this Pandemic and it brings peace to my soul. Sending you HUGS across the miles. Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I wish I was a cat lady😢 when we lived in the country and had a barn…I had a bunch of cats but they were barn cats❤️

      Delete
  4. First time introduce to your blogspot, is this another medium to share your days. Your grandchildren are a treasure. Thank you for sharing your world. Your a beautiful person.
    Now you have taken me down the rabbit hole for quilt, wool, cross stitch. What's this about Card making, are you going to show us on YouTube what you get up to. 🤣 lots of love from kiwi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is…I love the writing and that I can share photos😀 not card making just paper and wood craft😱🤪

      Delete
  5. Oh Robin the adventures you have. Those little boys are just adorable, glad you moved close to them so you can enjoy evert minute with them. They grow up way tooooo fast. Hope you loved North Dakota, I am way across the state from Fargo in North West corner. Have many friends and family in Fargo too. I am so waiting for my snow but just can't seem to get any the last 2 years and now. 😢 I love how Robin's piece ofcross stitch turned out in the end. ❤ Hugs from Rhonda in North Dakota.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time visiting my sister. I am surprised cause I thought all of ND had snow🤔

      Delete
  6. Robin had a creative solution for her oopsie! The project looks amazing. I love that...light on your feet. Finn is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete