Who would have thought that relaunching a blog would be a whole new learning experience!! After all a blog is old school...isn't it??? I am a firm believer that embracing that which is challenging can open up new brain cells...at least one new brain cell. And if you are any thing like me a new brain cell is a good thing.
I come from a family of readers...no matter how early i woke up my dad would be sitting on the couch in his bathrobe reading a book. He was a big John Steinbeck fan as I grew up in the Salinas Valley. And, my mother who was an immigrant identified with the hard work that was part of his novels. Anyhoo...all that to say that I am a passionate reader and not of any one genre. I lean towards non fiction and love books that give me insight into what makes people tick. Lately my reading has been all over the place!
The Lost Bookshop by Evie Woods was so enjoyable that I bought her other two books and dived right into The Story Collector. These are a light read and are perfect for those moments when you need a break from reality...and lately...I don't know about you but I have been mimicking an Ostrich...or maybe a groundhog.
The latest non fiction I started was the one pictured below...given to me by a family member. This book written by a psychiatrist and his comedy writing daughter is intriguing. I read the introduction and laughed out loud and immediately had to read the intro to G! He doesn't really LOL but he had a big grin on his face!! This is now my morning read with coffee and I do believe will start my day better than reading the news.

.jpeg)
I am currently reading Jennifer Chiaverinni's The Museum of Lost Quilts. Was excited to learn that I have 3 of her's to catch up on from 2024, 2025, and a new one coming out anytime...if not already. I have loved them all and she has also come out with a few historical ones. Have only read Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker so far of those.
ReplyDeleteI'm slowly listening to the audiobook "Alaska" by James Michener. I have a book from the library on my kindle. Lately life has been such that I don't have the time I'd like to sit down and read. I know it's only going to get busier as the summer goes on.
ReplyDeleteHi l am glad to be here to visit with you. I have kept my blog just update when l feel like just sharing! Your future friend.⚘️
ReplyDelete