Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hump Day Full of News


We spent a few days in Portland. I came home to a surprise...my pin keep from Wendy of Ravenwood Whimzies.  I joined her pin keep swap last year and I loved it so much I had to join again this year!  Can you believe it!  Absolutely adorable...a pair of witches boots with a crow to guard the pins, a candle, CANDY! and a sweet friendship hand towel!  Thank you Wendy I love all of it!!!  Hope you have received your package.






Whenever I finish a quilt top I make the binding right away even if I am not ready to quilt it or send it out for quilting.  I am soooo happy to have this top done and the binding ready!  I have decided that whenever I am in Portland I am going to do handwork....that way I may actually get some of my UFO's done!






Although this quilt makes me pretty darn proud...this tomato plant makes me want to prance like a peacock!  I did it...I grew a tomato!  My very first tomato...next year I am going to grow cherry tomatoes!  








Send some positive energy our way, HH herniated a disc in his neck a few weeks ago and has been pretty darn painful.  Tomorrow he get an injection in his neck and I am hoping it will be just the thing to put the sparkle back in his eyes.  I know that Enzo has been following him around like a worried nursemaid.  See ya tomorrow and don't forget the Give Away!


12 comments:

  1. Best wishes to HH, I had this treatment a fews years ago with much success. Enjoy your tomatoe quick before your local deer do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your husband feels better, nothing worse than back pain to put us out of commission. Love your boots, those are really fun. I have an applique piece ready to start and working on an idea for a runner.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to HH with the injection! I had some in my lower back a couple of weeks ago and they are finally reaching their full effect--it takes a little while! I like your plan for doing handwork in Portland. Just stay out of the bead store...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to your hubby...nothing like having painful back issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OUCH - good luck to your hubby. So glad you joined in the Pin Keep swap and I do hope you enjoy yours! I haven't received my package yet, but I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna, you have got to stop back handing that poor man!! haha Just kidding!! I bet he laughed...or at least smiled?? Maybe when he is feeling better...
    P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty nice gift and good luck to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, that's a nice looking tomato plant! We had to raise ours up as Miss Ginger picked the tomatoes to eat...she loves them. Would roll in the plant if it were not in a pot! Cute little pincushion and can't wait to see more of the house quilt you've been working on. Looks so cute! Hope your hubs is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Pin Keep & gifts are adorable! Thanks for the tip to prep binding right away. Congratulations on the tomato :) Hope your HH soon feels better. How sweet that Enzo is looking after him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will be thinking great thoughts for HH tomorrow and this is the cure. Love that house quilt - sorry I didn't play along - but i would have never finished I'm sure lol. Your new pin keep is adorable - great mail for you. Congrats on the tomato - there is nothing better than fresh off the vine ripe maters -yummmmm.
    Hugs - karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yaaaaay!!! Tomato! I do better here with cherry tomatoes, than full size ones, but I keep trying! I love the pin cushion and all the goodies! Good for you, on the binding, you will get it done, you are human quilter dynamo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending prayers for your HH. I'll repeat a many times, I love your ideas and blog!! hope all goes well. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete