Thursday, August 1, 2013

I Found It...

Anne and I have had a few emails back and forth which include the fact that we haven't found our quilting mojo...where did it go?  Is it the weather, the fun times, summer visitors...what???  Yesterday I found a little bit of it.  HH decided to take the camper and park it up near 3 Creeks so he could hike to his hearts content.  What that meant for me was 24 hours of uninterrupted time.  Once I finished working out with the trainer at the gym...oh my aching sacroiliac...read a few chapters in my latest read (The Storyteller)...a game of computer solitaire (I lost)...a bike ride to the post office...and completing a pile of paperwork...I had no excuse, but to sew. 

 
I found these guys lurking around the house and they wouldn't leave me alone!!!
 
...the result...my BJ's BOM done!!! I am now all ready for Saturday!!!
 
I also pulled out my Primitive Gathering BOW from 2011!!!  WOW, I already had the blocks all done I just need to start working on the border.  I started by prepping 4 little corner stone blocks.  Yep, a little mojo showed up at my house!
 
The best part of the day, some paper work arrived that needed a second pair of eyes so HH drove back to town, grilled some steaks and after looking through the work we watched the most spectacular thunder and lightening storm!  Although they are wonderful to watch I am keeping my fingers crossed that the spot fires are all put out!

8 comments:

  1. Maybe my sewing mojo traveled up to give yours a nudge? Mine has been sorta shoved to the back burner this week. I'm moving! That means dismantling the sewing nook I've just finished setting up, sadly. Oh well, maybe your mojo will come kick mine once I'm able to sew again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, my mojo is on a bit of a vacation right now. I'm hoping to get inspired today some friends are doing a back yard quilt show this afternoon.

    Tomorrow is my weekly stitching with friends, last week I didn't go so I need to get back in the groove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray your mojo is back! Of course those hunky guys might have had something to do with it. :-) Great blocks! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have to post a picture of it... 2011 BOW.. I did 2012 & am working on 2013.. I would LVE to see what the previous years looked like.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too - the 2011 BOM! I really like the blocks you did - nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you are sewing again. Sometimes I just make myself do something and then I get into it and glad I started it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just need some alone time at home to get back into the swing of sewing.. like your bom blocks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are getting back into the swing of things :-)

    ReplyDelete