Saturday, October 30, 2021

Girlfriends

You can really tell the measure of a friend when you see how comfortable and honest they are around each other!  We were blessed to make a stop at Karen's girlfriend Carolyn's house.  All I can say is the people and state of Minnesota rock!!!

Carolyn lives on a family homestead that is filled with family history and lore inside and out.  She is a creator of the all that I love...from wool...to cotton...to cross stitching.  The Queen of display and repurposing we came away with even more inspiration in our already filled hearts.


If this was a shop I would buy one of everything...but, how to get it home in my carry on bag!!!  The next trip is going to include a Pod delivery to Karen's house!!


Many pieces of furniture in the house were handed down from family and others were found to compliment the esthetic of the home. 


I wanted to sit down and start stitching right then...learning everything I could from this wonderful stitcher!


By the time our visit was over we had our hearts and minds filled.  My list of what I wanted to start next had doubled in size!


If I could choose a favorite vignette it would be an old farmhouse door that she repurposed into a room divider just inside the front door.  I think the best part of this Roadie life is the people I meet and the inspiration I come away with.  


I am looking forward to more adventures with Karen, the yellow farmhouse on Instagram...creativity attracts creativity and she definitely is the honey pot!

6 comments:

  1. What a treasure of friendship and creativity. What fun you must have had during your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, creative home. This feeds my soul too!!!Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the creative ideas I would never have thought off!

      Delete