Tuesday, October 26, 2021

A Stitcher's Oasis

I had not seen Jolene since we were roommates at the Sue Spargo retreat in Tucson, AZ... so, it was with much anticipation that Karen was going to be stopping by her house on the way back from my sister's house.

Jolene had just finished building a new house and it was absolutely lovely!  Again we were wow'd by the hospitality. It reminded me of when I was little and my mom would have tea with the neighbor ladies.  Jolene was so sweet to serve me a vegan cupcake!!

She also made each of us a pumpkin!!!!  I can't tell you how in awe I was as she had created them out of sweaters from the thrift store...


The rest of the girls enjoyed a delicious carrot cake made by Jolene and her granddaughter!


It was so fun to see her new sewing room...how wonderful to be able to build your sewing space from scratch with personal attention to detail...on how you work.  The light was spectacular.


I loved the center location of her cutting table and the floor to ceiling corner to corner design wall.


All the nooks and crannies for tools was perfect!


Under a bench seat were drawers that held fabric.


An additional cutting area had wool stored above it :)


I loved how everything had it's place.


and of course, there were sweet vignettes 
that truly make a sewing space feel like home! 


I really want to create one of these circle pieces...Jolene said it really helped her learn and perfect her stitching...plus it is a map of sorts for future projects!


The generosity of spirit...that is what stitchers are all about!  Sharing their knowledge, encouraging each other and kindness...I learned a lot this trip.

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous sewing room, home and hostess! Love the sweater pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the sweater pumpkins were an outside the box creation!!!

      Delete
  2. Another wow stop. What a fabulous group stitches (of any genre)are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I get the pattern for the circle project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought my pattern from the Stitchin Post in Sisters Oregon :)

      Delete