Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!!

For HH, myself and Enzo this past year has been like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland.  Building a new home, moving x 2 and the normal work and travel has been amazing. My word for 2013 was Embrace and boy did I ever!  2012's word was Grace and it truly helped me make passage through those challenging waters.  I have thought long and hard and the word that will serve as my touchstone will be Quiet.  How do I think this word will serve me? or how I will serve the word?  I am taking "Grace" and "Embrace" and rolling them into a cookie sprinkled with "quiet"...I enjoy the adventuresome life but am going to live it with a quiet soul.  Leaving behind all the historic voices that yada, yada in my brain.  I am going to sew with a quiet soul that embraces all that I love.  I hope you will join me in 2014...I extend a gentle hand to you to come along and enjoy this quilting life journey.

The slide show today is a reflecting of 2013...not all that happened but a snippet of life and the joys it brought.  It is filled with all that I loved about 2013.  It may not be interesting to all since quilting is only a small fraction but I do believe that my quilting is enriched by my life.  It is long...so if you venture in, bring a cup of coffee!  

I will be taking the rest of the week off and be back here on Jan. 6th!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free digital slideshow created with Smilebox

16 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and yours, Anna.

    I'm going to grab your gentle hand and join you in enjoying this quilting life journey. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word is change....2013 Was a very long, not so very nice year. Hoping this one is much better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and yours. Here is hoping it is a healthy and quiet one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Anna, what a great year of pictures to share with us, thanks for the lovely memories you shared.

    My word is a phrase..Sew Finish it Up! It can apply to so many aspects of my life...sew I shall sew today and get it started.

    Enjoy your quiet time. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Anna....loved the slide show!! My word is confidence.....in all I do and try to achieve this year......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Years Anna!!! I loved the slide show and music, wonderful and peaceful!!! Thank you :^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year to you and yours! I'm going to try to do a blog post about the past year...Thank you for your inspiration in so many ways! You've provided a touchstone for me to remember to sit back and savor the good things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have enjoyed following you on your journey this year and hope to continue and share our adventures together.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your collection of photos...I felt teary at the end...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet...I love your word! Your slideshow was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new "Word for 2014". The slideshow is full of great memories....your life is wonderful because you are married to your best friend. Blessings for a Quiet Soul & Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year! Thanks for the wonderful year review! What a joy! Kyle in VA.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year my very Special friend! With coffee in hand I throughly enjoyed seeing your photos of 2013! What a wonderful year you have had! I look forward to many more slideshows in 2014 Lv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year! I loved your slideshow of 2013, you had a busy year! Wyatt is certainly adorable...and Enzo is pretty darn cute too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year to you and your family. That little Wyatt is just so adorable. Thanks for the slideshow and lets look forward to a "quiet" and "joyous" 2014.
    Hugs - Karen

    ReplyDelete