Friday, September 20, 2013

Let Me Hear It!!! Are You Ready???

OK, so here is another idea from the Woolie...which is really me and I know I can hear a collective groan from some of you...because after all...ideas always spill forth but don't always pan out.  With that said, I am going to start a new program for myself and hope that some of you will join along. 


Call me trouble from day 1 but at least I am never bored! LOL  and my philosophy is that if this is the one life I get to live with this family and this group of friends...that lets start the party! 

Are You Ready??? 

For...

BLOCKHEAD DAY!!!

ROFLOL, I bet you thought it was going to be something much more spectacular but I can't tell you how excited I am about this!  The best part of this program is that you get to make your own rules, that fit your schedule, your life and the blocks you want to make.  But, I will post on the 15th of each month what I made on my Blockhead day.  My thoughts are this...there are sooooo many quilts I want to make and so many projects that live in my house but...what if I just spent one afternoon a month and made a set of blocks for different quilts...by the end of the year I would have the blocks for quilts I always say I want to make but never do because the overall project seems too big. 

Choose your day, know that if life gets busy you can say the dog ate it but get it done each month, choose the blocks you are going to commit too and lets start in November!

I have chosen 4 blocks...my yo yo's are for a garland that I want to make but have never gotten off the ground and I am going to commit to making 5 of them on my block head day.


 I love this block and I am thinking that I am going to make it out of civil war fabrics.

Basket blocks are so wonderful and I plan to make a gazillion of these little guys...not sure yet what fabric I am going to use.


...and although I haven't quite found my 4th block I do know it is going to be a house block and I am going to make a red quilt...with red houses.  

Committing to one afternoon for blockhead blocks a month seems like a no brainer but I know it will be a challenge.  I have already posted it on my calendar starting in November through the next year!  Won't you join me?

Have a great weekend and we will see you back on Tuesday, yes you heard me right...remember Tuesday is our 36th Anniversary, which means HH and I are taking a long weekend and gonna play and I'll be announcing the 2 winners of the Buttermilk Basin Give Away!!! on Wednesday!  But Tuesday I'll have a fun blog for you!

13 comments:

  1. Dare I say you are an evil woman to put these new block ideas in an already over-committed mind? Just kidding, of course, but you do encourage this soul to jump right in! Always love and appreciate your enthusiasm Anna!!! Love that man of yours this weekend... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to work in spurts so I work on things when I am in the mood, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you have so many blocks I want to try. This is a great idea and I am going to try to do this once a month with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, what a fun post - make our own rules, no quilt police, dog ate it (will have to be my granddogs, since I don't have one of my own right now) NOVEMBER? We didn't get to October yet! You are my kind of woolie/quilter. Things ALWAYS take more time than I allow. Your Star Civil War block is wonderful & love the basket block. My Blockhead Day will help me finish my basket quilt. Thanks for the GREAT idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What, you mean like the star sampler blocks that I haven't touched since last Christmas? Yikes...I suppose I could commit one afternoon a month to them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK...I'm a total BLOCKHEAD so this is a no-brainer (which is probably why I'm a BLOCJHEAD!) It was the basket block that got me hook line and sinker...I also love the Civil War star but will leave that for another day...I have wanted to make this basket quilt using this block forever!! Now is the time!! haha
    Thanks for the push...!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the red house idea, alot.... Please post a pic when you get that..love the idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds likes a great idea. Hope to join you. Love the basket and house. Thanks for your great enthusiasm and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blockhead day sounds like a great plan. I love your yo yos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I'm in. I've got blocks that need to move. First up, a butterfly block. See you in November :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, I'm in. I've got blocks that need to move. First up, a butterfly block. See you in November :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anna, this is a brilliant idea. I believe I'm going to try this as well!

    ReplyDelete