Followers

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Honey, I'm Home!!!

There is nothing like a quilt retreat!  It is a time to take a step back from the challenges of life, take a deep breathe and nurture each other.  And, it seems as we get older...the challenges do not get easier! But, with a girlfriend at hand you feel better.  This years Fabric Stalker Black Butte Retreat included 6 participants.  We rented a house that was across the street from the pool and gym which made exercise and post exercise hot tubbing a bonus.  We were very productive and for me it actually was the most productive I have been in over a year!  I am almost giddy with satisfaction!  We always pitch in with different meals and let me tell you the Pumpkin French Toast Bake that I have on my Pinterest site was perfection for breakfast!   Give it a try!  Easy to put together the night before and throw in the oven the next morning.  I also gave Martha Stewart's idea of cooking bacon in the oven a try and I will never fry bacon on the stove again!!!!

We did go out to dinner at the Black Butte Lodge one evening and the meal was beyond yummy...but, as soon as we were done it was back to the sewing machines.  

Robin and I went by the construction site on our way to Black Butte and then on the way home and the roofers were working hard...yeah!  

I know I am a Prim kinda gal but, I do love a whole variety of stuff (except paper piecing).  Making this modern quilt wall hanging was just what the doctor ordered and was the first project on my agenda.


There are a hand full of projects I can't show you because of the gift factor...but they will show up here between  now and the end of the year.    I finished this wall hanging except for hand appliqueing the basket handles and quilting.  It will be a future completed UFO...someday, lol  I got the pattern from the Tater Patch in Merrill, Oregon.  The center basket was supposed to be hand appliqued but I couldn't resist using wool.


The last project I worked on was the Hop Scotch by Me and My Sister.  I have to tell you that this pattern was the best written pattern I have ever used!!!  I still have to attach the numbers and then quilt it...but, at least now it has half a chance of being done for Christmas for some sweet girls in my life!


I worked on some wool stuff which is part of a future Blog Hop so I can't show you...but, you will get to see it later this month.  And, I made something for HH for Christmas but I think he sometimes peeks on the blog to see what I am up too and I don't want him to see it! (caught you honey)LOL  

Enjoy the slide show of what my fellow Fabric Stalkers were up too.  This retreat was extraordinary on so many levels...maybe it is because I needed it so much. I took extra care to chose the music. The first song is "Breathe" and the second one is "By Your Side."  And, for those Stalkers who couldn't make it...you were missed.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox


Personalize your own free photo slideshow

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the Smilebox...what a treat - how long were you gone? Your accomplishments are amazing as well as the number of them. Wow!!! Every one is a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really got a lot done and made some beautiful quilts. I enjoy doing modern and bright on some things and for others. My kids like art types, so fun to make for them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW!! I can't believe how much you all got done. Seems like a retreat is the way to go. Congratulations to all of you. Everything is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time had by all. Is there a pattern for the baby washcloths? I have a new grandbaby on the way would like to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, what a gorgeous picture of you!! Just lovely! And as usual the ladies out did themselves in the quilting department!! So talented!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...amazing work and so many things accomplished..thought of you all weekend while I was in Bend..I think I got one santa stitched while there. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such beauty, the smile box was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome slide show! I saw the link on 2Much2Fun blog today. I must have missed this as it was shortly after the Ginger incident and in the middle of my 7 week flu cough! So glad I took a look. You guys really have fun!

    ReplyDelete