Thursday, November 2, 2017

WOW!!!


I cannot believe it is November!!!  How did that happen??? Pretty soon I will have to start thinking about my 2018 Word to live by!  Do you remember the word you chose for 2017?  I chose Detox...to let go of those people, thought processes, and things that I don't want in my life.  I did a pretty good job...and it is one of those words that may have to be a life word :)

Even though it's been a little crazy around here I just had to take a break and hang with some stitching friends.  I have been attaching and tacking down binding with the help of my new girlfriend Mi na who was a birthday gift.  She looks like one of my cousins :) and was so helpful in making my binding behave!


I had to show you this adorable baby quilt that Pat is making for her newest grandchild.  She is hand appliqueing the leaves in the border and swears that it is so much better appliqueing after the quilting is all done!!!  Click on the photo to enlarge :)


Will be playing with a bestie and my sister for the next few days so plan on concentrating on my cross stitch and a embroidery project!  Hope you have cozy stitching days ahead!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did that technique on a raffle quilt once. The trick is making sure to not stitch thre to the backing like one helper did! A bit of reverse stitching was required in that case. It makes it so much easier to do the quilting first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new girlfriend is cute!! I have been making binding, but need to quilt the top before I can attach it. ;-) Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna, Anna, Anna, ANNA! I was "introduced" to you through The Quilt Show a few weeks ago, and you've brought so much light, knowledge, fun and laughter to my world. Thank you! I've viewed all of your Quilt Roadies video on YouTube and loved every minute of the RV, Greg, Enzo, the featherweight (what happened to the red one), and now I have a much more enlightened view of quilt shops and the need to help support them.
    Now, I'm making my way through the archives of Woolie Mammoth, and I am so grateful to you for sharing so much of you, your family, your friends, your work before retirement, and QUILTING. I retired three years, so I'm a beginning quilter and am having so much fun with it. I'm even thinking of visiting the Sisters Quilt Show next summer.
    I wonder... do you see comments from your posts to Woolie Mammoth from six years ago? I've just started reading September 2011 and laughed aloud yet again when I read the words, "Quilt fight!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes it so much easier to do the quilting first!


    แคมฟรอก

    ReplyDelete