Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Quiet Time

I have been enjoying my special time in Portland...it is an entirely different pace of life and even though I am in the middle of a big city,  life is slower because I don't drive anywhere...I use public transportation.  This one difference in my pattern creates a litany of life changes.  My view of the world is so different.

I had a wonderful birthday weekend with my dear friend Colleen who I have known since I was 14 yrs old.  And, we did all the required Portland experiences except the Living Room theater which we chose not to because we would rather have more time to talk!.

I was also able to enjoy some cousin time at the Portland Art Museum followed by some yummy  cappuccino at Case Study.



The highlight was some grandson time...my little guy is growing up and it is hard to believe in a couple of months he will be 6! 

 

I have been embroidering every evening and am making progress on my project.  I do believe it may be done by the time I get back home.  I took a few photographs at the Portland Art Museum so I could share them with you.  I have gone every day for the last 4 days!!! This only scratches the surface of what is displayed there and they have a wonderful coffee shop and gift store!!!  

Hope you have an enjoyable Tuesday. By the time we hang out together again I shall be in Napa, CA.enjoying some sister time!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow customized with Smilebox

7 comments:

  1. Interesting, I met one of my best friends when I was fourteen Anna. Another common link we share.

    Your grandson is getting big, such a sweetie he is.

    I loved watching Kubo and the Two Strings, what a fabulous experience to see the figures and sets used to make the movie. Sounds like high adventure in the big city for you.

    Enjoy your visit in Napa with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portland Art Museum and OMSI are two of Portland's treasures. Glad you've had the quiet time to enjoy them. Hubby and I went to the Pompeii exhibit while it was here - amazing!! Laika is on our list - big fans of their work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe how big he has gotten, they do grow up fast.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing photos of your art museum visits; how wonderful to see all the interesting work! And your grandson is just entirely too adorable.
    I've been reading your archives, and the pictures of him as a newborn and infant prove that smile was destined to grab your heart.
    Happy Napa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comment about long time friend makes me wonder where my friend Kathleen Healy from grade school ended up? This Chicago gal ended up in Texas.

    ReplyDelete