Thursday, October 5, 2017

Reconnecting...

Even though I LOVE camping...traveling and meeting new people it is so important for my soul to reconnect with friends.   I live in a community where everyone is on the go and this summer was extra busy.  So it was wonderful to get together with some friends for a bit of stitching.  It was a perfect Fall day on the farm with some relaxing catch up time.  


Nala was in heaven...so many laps to choose from, LOL



I had a request to see the progress I have made on my cross stitch.  For those who might not know about this project...it was discovered on a trip with friends to France.  We were in the most fabulous vendor mall where one of the booths had this stunning cross stitch on display.  Lori and I were hooked and so we split the cost of the pattern.  It is huge!!!  I have only completed 1/4th...as in a quarter of the project!!!  I do love it and know I will someday get it done.  My goal is  to finish 1 tree a month, at that pace it will be done by December 2018...Oye Vey.  The pattern is called La Foresta di Fanes



I am in the progress of organizing some stitching for a road trip...choices choices...Have a great day...weekend and enjoy some stitching time!  Don't forget the Give Away!!! click the link, leave a comment and be a registered follower of the Woolie blog and Quilt Roadies :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found it again, great progress. Love the soft grey/blue background colour. Would love to see a side by side of yours and Lori's piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cross stitch sure looks like a lot of work but the outcome will be worth it for sure! It will be one classy looking finished product. It's good that you have set a reasonable pace in order to get it finished without losing your mind. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so lovely. Do you have a picture of the whole project?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so lucky to be a part of this group. Such a fine day with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy your stitching times. Someday will have more time love to see the progress on the trees, keep us posted. I am planning on Quilting this weekend almost no other plans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a cross stitcher as well and I know how many hours can slip away while stitching. Your project is beautiful and I am sure will be quite breathtaking once finished. Gotta love thos portable projects,

    ReplyDelete