Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Counting My Blessings

The absolute best part of quilting is the friendships the grow with each stitch.  And as with quilting...when traveling you have to be flexible!  G and I had every intention of heading home through Montana...and visiting a few more National and State Park.  But, last we heard there were in excess of 70 + fires burning in Montana which meant a change in direction.  Although disappointed I couldn't stay sad for long because the new route would take me through places where I could visit friends!  It was so lovely sharing a margarita with an 'ol stitch buddy Twilene who moved from Bend about 4 years ago!  We did a little shop hop which will be in a future Quilt Roadie video :)


...and as luck would have it I had an opportunity to spend some time with a long time social media friend.  The thing about social media is you share photos, jokes, stitching...the ups and downs of life and you may never physically meet.   So when I had a opportunity to spend some time with Sandie I jumped at it!  And she was so sweet to share time with  me while her daughter was visiting!  I have long admired the creativity that Sandie has...not only quilting, stitching but all kinds of crafts!  She runs craft workshops in Twin Falls, Idaho called Paisley Ink!


I was hoping to take a workshop with her while in town but it just didn't work out...but, she was so wonderful to gift me some of her creations which I immediately found a place for on my hearth!


3 little pumpkins all decked out in their Fall finery...and boy does it feel like Fall outside!  Thank you Sandie for you friendship and your wonderful creations!


As I sift through the mail so many wonderful things have been discovered...an early birthday present  from my friend Sandi in BC was such a surprise...and oh do I ever like it!!  Sandi was the one who turned me on to Quiltfolk magazine which is like the National Geographic of the Quilting World, lol...by the time I jumped in the first issue which featured Oregon was no where to be found.  But, thanks to Sandi I now own a copy!!!  And these license plate were spot on...I am going to start creating something with my favorite license plate this winter!!!  Thank you Sandi!!


yep, I count my blessings and am grateful for the 
wonderful stitching friends in my life!

5 comments:

  1. So fun to be part of a social media post. I was a bit worried that you might have found an Oregon issue! I just found it in August when I did a mini shop hop in Washington state. Those two license plates just said Anna. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got that right! Quilting does create some of the best friendships. I think I know more people and have more friends than I did when I worked. Maybe just the commonality of quilting is the key. Whatever it may be I treasure those friendships.
    Saudi's pumpkins are very cute. Love them!
    Glad you're home safe. It's a good thing you didn't come through Montana. The smoke here was horrible. Much better now though since we got some snow and rain. Fires are still burning but are much more contained than they were a little over a week ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post and I love my quilting friendships. Oh yes Quiltfolk is pretty awesome and I have been working on an EPP quilt like the one of the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to meet up with friends, and also a nice surprise when you got home.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, love your pumpkins from Sandie! Your post made me smile. Yes, aren't quilting friendships just the greatest!!!!

    ReplyDelete