Thursday, September 28, 2017

A Bit of This...A Bit of That

Going from a town of about 2,000 to a city of 700,000 is a cultural leap...but, it does keep it real.  Life in a little town in somewhat like a bubble...a sweet smelling bubble :)  The city...well, with the smell of cars,  humanity, restaurants...it is a a whole different kind of bubble.  But, I love them both.

I do look for the common theme between the 2 places and for me that means fabric! While Enzo and I were taking a walk through the city I was tickled to stumble upon this art display that included paintings, pottery, wood...and 1 quilt!  

A Squared
by
Donna Cooper

Portland is the city of roses and as the last few days of warm weather pass through we get to enjoy the blossoms...and today, the Northwest Quilting Expo.  Cakers and I are going to head out early today and immerse ourselves in our favorite subject...quilting!!!


Have a wonderful Thursday and a lovely weekend that I hope will include some quilting, stitching or girlfriend time!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds fun, wish I could join you, look forward to seeing your photos and hearing about your adventures.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I planned on coming down, have enjoyed that venue a couple of times. Maybe next year we can meet up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny, I moved from a city of about 1 million (yes, no typo there) to a city of 4,000 talk about culture shock!!! One traffic light, no drive thru banks, no MacDondalds...and I love it!

    ReplyDelete