Thursday, August 3, 2017

Cross Stitch...the flip side of passion

What I know is that quilters are passionate people...and even if their #1 passion is quilting they might also be involved in Scrapbooking, Garment sewing, Knitting, Crocheting, Embroidery, Mixed Media or Cross Stitch.  I love embroidery and cross stitch.  I have been asked by fellow stitchers to share more about my current cross stitch project.  This cross stitch pattern is one that a friend and I fell in love with while attending the Le Carrefour Europeen du Patchwork.   The Vendor Mall was the most amazing but the sample of this cross stitch just WOW'd us and so we shared the cost of purchasing the pattern.



Since this is a long project it is printed in 4 sections.  I roll and clip my pattern as I finish a tree.  I also pencil in a line once I have stitched so as to keep track of where I am.


likewise I roll my linen as it is easier to hold and stitch.  And yes...it is a fact that I do not use a hoop! (OMG)  I can hear the gasps.  I have never had an issue with my pieces and it is easier for me to handle.  You just have to be consistent with your tension.


I am happy to report that this week I have moved on to page 2!  This will be a year long project but it is so relaxing to stitch.


Bee Happy, Bee Generous and Keep Stitching

9 comments:

  1. I love cross stitch too Anna and embroidery and I don't use a hoop for either. I guess there are a few of us out there. Your project is beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan of hoops either. I did use frame that you could attach your fabric and then roll it as you are doing with your fabric, but wasn't that keen on the added weight of it.

    I agree about being consistent with your stitch tension. Your piece is looking lovely. I rarely mark patterns but for that one I can see why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever used Frixion pens to trace your pattern on? I have read pros and cons and confused, hah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No hoop here either! It always gets in the way. Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anna, I'm going to search out this design..so many possibilities with choice of fabric and thread..I love your choices...I hope you will share with us more progress as you go along and maybe your friends too? No hoop for me either and I often get disapproving looks from the cross stitch police LOL Pleased to see you've been hiking...I'll see you again at the gym!xxxx Cold and wet in Sydney this morning but subtle signs of spring are appearing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen you post about your monthly calendar checklist. Is that something that worked out for you? Thinking of trying it, as I don't tend to be as structured in finishing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Youre so right about loving it all~~although quilting has become my passion! Love the counted cross stitch and I was taught without a hoop so never even considered it! I love the quilt roadies, Anna, and verymuch enjoy Gs music! Keep up the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete