Thursday, July 13, 2017

WOW!!!

I was shocked and moved by the response to my blog post Are You There??? I hear you and I am going to continue posting on Tuesday and Thursdays!  I so love to write but wasn't sure if I was just filling blank space and no one was reading?  I have dozens of empty journals because I can't stop buying them but the Woolie Blog is the only journal I have consistently written and I have to admit it is not only the craft of writing but  because of you...I know we may not always agree or find interest in the same things but there is still a special connection and I read every comment.   

To clarify some things I heard in the responses...my blog roll did not get shorter because bloggers are no longer blogging...it got shorter because I accidentally deleted it in a clean up and couldn't remember all of them (OMG).  I like the blog roll to check in with other blogs that i enjoy and I only delete a blog if it has not posted for over 3 months.  I figure the writer must have had a reason.  In this case a slip of the finger and the whole blog roll disappeared!  I have added a few that I knew were current.   Also, it was good to hear that some of you do not sub subscribe to Facebook or Instagram but read blogs and watch You Tube...so, by sharing the posts across the board I may reach you :)

Thank you again for letting me know you are out there!!! 
I am grateful for the time you spend listening :)


Now, I have to share one of my more crazy moments this last week.  A year ago I signed up for Sue Spargo's BOM called Cuppa.  I feel like this is my baby because when we were having dinner I told her she needed to do this as a BOM because in the Pacific Northwest we are all about coffee and tea.  As with all of Sue's BOMs, when they are done she publishes a book...and, she is done.  Of course I am not.  I have only 1.5 blocks done but when I saw Terri's hanging in the Stitchin' Post I got all excited...then I saw the book.  This is the ridiculous part...I have all the paper patterns that were sent with each block...



...but, the book was so beautiful and the pages so awesome...so, I just had to buy the book!  A little embarrassing but I just know this will help me get it done.  We have also talked about starting a once a month meet up to stitch Sue Blocks!  I may just video those stitches!!!




Before I leave for the day I have to share the latest book I finished....Secret Daughter...sooooo worth the read!!!



Again thank you for being here with me...I so appreciate all the feed back and we will continue this amazing quilting journey together!

18 comments:

  1. Yesterday at my wool group I asked Uschi to bring me a Cuppa book when they arrive. She's finished her version and it's being quilted.

    A gal brought her sister-in-law into the shop. She was visiting from Memphis Tennessee! I think we got her hooked onto wool! I was working on my leaves piece.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good idea to check in with your readers and see what they think... we don't always comment, but now you know that we always read and enjoy! I'm glad you'll be continuing. I know it takes a lot of time to manage three resources and still have a life! Now, where's those Quilt Week videos, I ask! I know G is working tirelessly to edit and publish. Tell him I say 'Thanks!' See you around. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're going to keep blogging...I read everything you ever publish and watch all your videos. I think it would be a fun idea to video your progress and work on your Sue blocks..😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also glad you are going to continue to blog. I might not always comment (lots of time I read the blog first thing in the morning and may not be exactly coherent then), but I always read and enjoy them! I would love to see your progress on your Cuppa BOM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!! Keep blogging and videos on YouTube! Love, love, love! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to see you will continue blogging. I might even be inspired to restart mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that post and never got a chance to respond, and glad you are still posting. I haven't had as much time to read or respond, but i always keep up with the news on blogger by scanning and the photos.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are sticking around. I'm still a blog looker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am happy you are going to keep blogging . I look forward to it and love all your videos. I am doing sue spargo's bom this year and only have 2 done . It is very labor intensive but I will finish it. It's fun to have someone else doing lots of projects at the same time. Thanks Cecelia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,Iam Tine from Belgium. Always happy to
    read your blog.
    Iam doing Sue Spargo " Birds dance"" and all these colours are fun. Thanks a lot. Tine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still here too! I get your blog posts via my email. I don't always have time to comment, but I love keeping up with you while I enjoy my "cuppa" each morning. While I am on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, blogs are just special. They are warm hugs and moments we share with friends. So hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading your blog. I'm delighted you are going to continue. Kitty, in Syracuse, NY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blogs and all your posts on instagram. Thanks for sharing your adventures. The Cuppa project is so tempting--- I fell in love with it when you shared your yazzii bag appliqué cover on a u tube video-- of course I bought a yazzii bag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my favorite quilt blog.I love the camping trips and all the projects you do and the quilt tours and your cute husband. He seems like a good guy and quite a good helper! It's so fun to see all the places you go and the interesting things you tell about on your trips. Your enthusiasm is contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog and know that it is a serious commitment to continue. Thank you. As a lover of wool applique, I love all of Sue's designs. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, Anna I love your blog. I am sad when one of my favorite bloggers discontinues their blog. Your YouTube videos are so fun and I learn so much from them. You are a natural. Keep up the good work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm "sew" glad you're sticking around and continuing your blog. I enjoy it (and your Youtube videos!) and read every post but don't always comment. :)

    ReplyDelete