Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Any Quilt Losers Out There???

First of all...thank you, thank you, thank you...for all the opinions and support on my quilting dilemma.  I read every comment and answer  when there is an email address attached.   For some reason when some of you sign up to follow (thank you) your email is not included and so I am unable to respond...but know your thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated! 

I am beginning to think that the Quilt Loser is a myth...it seems I am surrounded by Quilters who finish stuff!!!  Maybe loser is too strong a word...maybe Appetizer Quilter is better...you try small things, you start and stop...not getting a big serving done??? is that you?  Anyhoo...I was at my Sew 'n So group and Linda had several things going but she also finished a big project.  You can guarantee that she is going to get everything she starts done!!!  This Crabapple Hill quilt for her husband was huge...and she finished it!


...she is already deep into other projects
 and making good headway.  
I love this dress stitchery!


although I am not doing this one either...
I do have the witches with quilts on my list.


When I saw this sweet stitchery I decided I MUST do it!!!  
I think the solution to my problem is to be a hermit stitcher
 so I don't see what others are doing!!


I am out camping and testing out 
the featherweight on the road...
will give you a report on Thursday :)
Have a great stitching week!

8 comments:

  1. Have a great camping and stitching adventure 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the old question How do you heat an elephant...one bite at a time. It would be a good way to attach larger projects. 15 minutes here and hour there, at a retreat and you get them done.

    Have a great time at the hot springs and keep plugging away at your featherweight sewing.

    Love the Salem Quilt Guild, I got those patterns and hopefully one day will get started on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the stitchery picture. I think the beehive one is a Kathy Schmitz??? I am doing one of her's at night when Hubby and I watch a movie :) Have fun with the Featherweight :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing the Salem stitchery in between other projects and am loving every stitch. Will take a long time but I will relish the journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am an Appetizer Quilter :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our local shop, Bluebird Quilts, is sponsoring a UFO challenge. So far, I've finished 3-4 each month. The pile is getting smaller! Love the pic of you with Marilyn...happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have drooled over the Salem Witch Stitcheries and one day, one day...
    I don't like to think of myself as a "Quilt Loser" and neither should you. We are adventurers. We step out on limbs trying many things. We discover things we like and other things not so much. We fail at some we conquer others but we love the excitement of discovery new worlds or as some prefer to call them-quilt shops! Venture on Anna and I look forward to all your adventure sharing!😎

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your writing style, great information, thank you for posting.
    Robinets de Baignoire

    ReplyDelete