Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Quilter Extraodinaire

One of the disadvantages of being on the road is you miss a lot of your local life and although I will never give up the enjoyable nomadic quilt life, I do miss the gallery shows at QuiltWorks in Bend, Oregon.  Now that I have settled in for a bit I had to go check out the June Gallery show!  The featured quilter is one who I have admired for a long time.  You'll also be able to see the group quilt exhibit on The Quilt Show, Anna & G On The Road tomorrow.

There are quilters and then there are QUILTERS...and Jean Mays falls into the later group.  When I lived in Bend I belonged to a stitch group called the Material Girls and Jean was a member.  She always set the bar high...and by high I mean she appliques, pieces and hand quilts...oh, and she machine quilts too.  But, a lot of her quilts are hand quilted with a perfect quilt stitch.  Jean has always love beautiful floral prints.  

I hope you enjoy this slideshow and 
feel the inspiration to start stitching.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free photo slideshow

7 comments:

  1. I love how she fussy cut the plan and mitred the corners to make the stripe continuous around the block. What a wonderful show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed a lot in just the week we were gone, but trying to catch up with what I can. Looks like you are keeping busy and i know you love being a grandma and enjoying that sweet baby.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many amazing quilts! Congratulations on the new baby in the family. Being a grandma is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilts! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete