Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Love Letters

When I was 12 years old my dad gave me 2 letters he had written to me when I was a baby.  The first letter was to be opened on my 16th birthday and the second letter was to be opened on my wedding day.  I treasured these letters...never peeking until the milestone day...and it was the first thing I did each day!  It was a looking glass into my dad as a new father and a powerful message to me.

So when I found a package by the front door from Bonnie, who I met at a previous Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show, Facebook friend, Quilt Roadies viewer addressed to my new grand baby and his parents I couldn't help but take a peek.  Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa.  While she was visiting Sisters she had to check out the Stitchin Post and Twigs where she found this wonderful book "Letters To My Baby."  


Inside were pages of envelopes where you could tuck letters to your baby...so sweet!  Little did you know Bonnie how this gift took me down memory lane!


3 generation of men in our family.


This week I am stitching labels on my show quilts...and plan on layering a baby quilt...hope your week includes a bit of quilting!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing gift from both your father and Bonnie.

    Great picture of the three generations. Next to get your other son and his boys to complete the family photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a terrific gift. I still have letters written to me by my Dad and also my Mom. Most are just ordinary, every day notes, about ordinary everyday things and I can hear their voices loud and clear when I read them...they are treasures. How nice that Silas will have a book of treasures of his own. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a terrific gift. I still have letters written to me by my Dad and also my Mom. Most are just ordinary, every day notes, about ordinary everyday things and I can hear their voices loud and clear when I read them...they are treasures. How nice that Silas will have a book of treasures of his own. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family rocks! From your Father right down to your new grandson! Your men are so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea! My husband and I wrote letters to our kids when they were born, to open later as adults.

    ReplyDelete