Thursday, May 18, 2017

What Day Is It????

My sister and I grew up as Nomads...culturally and genetically we are a family on the move.  She flew in at midnight Tuesday from her youngest sons PhD graduation in Hawaii and on Wednesday we all were on the road wine tasting!  Our book groups are having a mutual gathering today.  So much is going on I forgot it was Thursday Blog Day!  So sorry!!!


Although wine and book club goes together...I am not sure wine and stitching is a great combination, LOL.  I did get some stitching down while the group sat around the campsites.  I am working on this cute Red Button pattern.  It really is adorable!


I can't help myself anymore but have to add a little bit of what I have learned from Sue Spargo...and so am adding a few bullion stitches to the top of my circle flowers.  I love the little bit of whimsy it adds.  The rest will be a whip stitch.  Hopefully I will finish the stitch  on this trip but if not then the next.  I really want to add this one to my wall of little quilts before Quilt Show!


Hope today is a stitching day for you...for us...
we are shopping Napa 
and meeting with my sister's book group to discuss 
The Other Einstein!

4 comments:

  1. Love your Spargo stitches and this Red Button pattern :)

    Oh, how I would love to belong to a book club!! Did you like The Other Einstein? You could add book reviews to your blog posts, too....hint, hint :) Have a great day with your sister and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed how quickly some weeks can go and then others go so slowly. Your mini is coming along nicely and I know you will have it done in time.

    Enjoy the combined book club and do tell what you think of it, are you watching Genius?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So always good to spend time with a Sister..and wine tasting too...that's THE best....also loving your stitches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun time with your sister. Love the quilt and your beautiful stitching. I do miss appliqué, but hard to get much done with my son using the room. By the time he leaves I am too tired.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete