Tuesday, May 9, 2017

RV Adventure Oasis

For those of you pondering an RV Adventure the number one challenge is missing your girlfriends.  I am not totally 100% sure but I don't think the guys even consider this for themselves...but, for women...well we are connected in a different way.  What was that book a few years ago...Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus?  I loved the sight seeing and was most happy when we were packing up camp and looking towards the next horizon.  But, for the few down moments (other than then Enzo being sick in the beginning, the RV breaking down and having to visit the dentist)...it was missing my girlfriends that tugged at my heart strings.  

I was so happy and highly recommend connecting along the way with new and old friends!  It was like a girlfriend oasis in the middle of our RV desert.  

As the wheels on the RV turned towards home our last stop included a dear friend to both G and I.  Twilene picked us up at the campground and as we shared a meal we caught up on each others children, quilting, and how she has embraced her new home town.  It was a beautiful evening and filled the soul!


I wanted to share with you the coolest part of her huge sewing and scrap booking room!  Her SIL inserted these shelves into the empty space under the eaves of the roof!!!  It is am amazing use of lost space and spans the entire length of her sewing room!


Lots of catching up for us before the next adventure!  Have a wonderful week!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great use of space for her room! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful trip. I too love the great use of space in her attic area. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to meet up with a few friends, that is always a bonus. Love that t-shirt, fun saying. I would love to have built ins, would make more sense and a space saver.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of space and so neatly arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's interesting travelling around for extended periods. There is the love of finding out what is around the next corner and meeting new people but there is always a strong pull for wondering what is happening at home and what you are missing there.

    I can't believe you have another trip planned so soon after this last one,

    Glad you are getting some girlfriend time while home. What a lovely photo of you and Twilene, that water feature is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I hear you...girlfriends are our sounding boards, and much love and support. You are SO friendly though that you make friends wherever you go! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been following along on your trip but just kept forgetting to leave a comment after reading your blog or watching the videos. Even with the couple of mishaps, the trip/videos have been wonderful to watch and read about. What an adventure! We have not done any traveling for quite a long time so this has been so wonderful to read. Looking forward to your next adventure. Be careful with those meds you give Enzo. There are some out there that are not compatible with a lot of dogs. Best to you, G, and Enzo. Looking forward to videos/photos from the Sisters Quilt Show in July.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was raised as an only child and spent a LOT of time entertaining myself while growing up. I had 2 friends but they had obligations at home that restricted their time for "play". I read your post with great interest but don't fully understand the "girlfriend" bonding time. I've always related to men friends better as they were less petty and more honest. Glad you enjoy your time with your girlfriends but I'll stay in my own little world and enjoy being with myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your comment with great interest, Colleen. Mostly I too have preferred the company of men for some of your same reasons but when you find a woman (or women) who are generous, caring, and not petty, it can change you whole life. They are out there somewhere and it looks like Anna has found hers. Plus I think Anna would make a great sewing friend or friend in general that she probably attracts nice woman. Just a thought and all of us are different so do what is best for you.

      Delete
  9. I need Twilene's SIL to come and insert some shelves like those in my loft, as I will soon be moving all of my sewing toys up there. It's going to be a combination sewing/guest room.

    ReplyDelete