Thursday, May 25, 2017

May Flowers



Finally we begin to see the results of the winter we weathered!  The trees outside our window are huge and we can no longer see much of sidewalk across the street.  We do listen to the city noise but can't see who is making it, LOL.  I think Enzo sees far more than we do.  

I have been stitching away on my Red Button Quilt and was trying to decide if I was going to Spargo all the little flowers when it suddenly dawned on me...hey, this is a Red Button Design....where are the buttons?!!!  Then I remembered I didn't want to lose them and so didn't bring them along. Shoot!!! I hope I'll be able to find them when I get back to Sisters!!!



We weathered the blackout just fine and had a nice little campout inside with our grandson.  He has new glasses!  He very importantly told me that he is on a gluten/lactose free diet and that he misses eating the foods he likes.  As we walked around downtown we took a break at a coffee shop that had vegan/gluten free cupcakes...now there is a sweet happy boy!


It seems that some of the intolerant challenges of the world in general have reached the quilting world in a very sad way.  I have not witnessed this so cannot speak directly but Stacy West posted  on Facebook an article that you can read here.  For me the core of quilting in my mind is generosity of time, spirit and quilts.  I hope we all can remember this and be kind.

Have a wonderful day and be safe this 
Memorial Day Weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, I did not realize stuff like that was going on. It's sad to think people have to feel good at the expense of making someone else feel bad. Too much of this is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enzo looks so dapper gazing out of the window as does you adorable grandson. Cute glasses but confess I loved his round lenses. I'm sure he enjoyed the treat with you.

    I must be living in a bubble, until last week I wasn't aware of all these secret groups going on except in one case which I thought was an isolated one. She has people releasing her pattern for free, mimicking her Facebook groups and other harmful things to he business. She is going forth to pursue a law case! I try not to jump in when I suspect on of the bullies get going as they often seem to rage at everyone.

    I've seen a couple of posts one by Bonnie Hunter on her blog and a short video by Karen McTavish which was heart breaking. This is so sad to see and hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how everything is blooming and all the trees have grown, just makes everything feel more wonderful. Love the new glasses, he looks so grown up. Secret groups, hmmm, never heard of them, so what I don't know can't hurt me;) Some people, luckily I judge myself, what others think is not important.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved Enzo photo!
    Your grand son sure has grown.
    Happy he got his cupcake!
    Loved the quilt, I enjoy anything with red on it.
    Sad world out there, I dodge all of it I can :(

    ReplyDelete