Tuesday, May 30, 2017

A Caker Vacation

I missed my Fabric Stalker Spring retreat because we were on the road and so when Cakers reached out and suggested we have a stitch day when I got home I jumped on it!!!  The only downside to being on the road is missing my girlfriends!!!   While I continued to stitch binding (working on quilt #3) She did some quilting on the Sweet 16.  She is going to have to give me lessons, LOL. 

It was the first time I have sewed in the Bee Hive since we hit the road...and as you can see Enzo is happy to be relaxing with Cakers and I :) He does love his quilting girlfriends!


She is an amazing quilter and finished this UFO...
now time to quilt.  


I thought it was like a reversible quilt
 because the back is so cool!


I love the quilt she brought over for show 'n tell!  She made this for one of her daughters friends and the color and print combination is wonderful.


The young man who is getting this quilt loves the Joshua Tree National Park and so she decided to inset these printed fabrics pieces she had for the park.


I wanted to show you some of her quilting...fantastic.. 
 There is nothing boring about a Caker's quilt, LOL


Today, I am going to continue my binding quest also my DIL and I are getting a Pedicure.  Sounds like a great day to me...hope you have one planned for yourself!

6 comments:

  1. What lovely quilts and quilting. Love her back kart. I'm planning to try something for my tulip quilt I just finished. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... must have been soo nice to enjoy your beautiful sewing room! I just love your friends Alaska quilt! She did a beautiful job on that! I soo hope we can meet up when I come over for the quilt show.. if even for a few minutes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to get together again and beautiful quilting.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. would love to see how she quilts that first one "North Woods"? I too have the same one and am stalled as to how to quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If she does give you lessons we would love to watch,
    Caltexgal@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Anna. I feel like like a super-star!

    ReplyDelete