Thursday, April 20, 2017

Quiltworx At Arizona Quilts

Judy Niemeyer is synonyms with fantastically complicated patterns which are supposedly foolproof is you use her techniques for construction.  A few of the Fabric Stalkers are die hard Judy fans and so I have seen a few of these beauties at retreat.  But, I have never succumbed...maybe...I could be tempted....

When I visited Arizona Quilts there was a Judy Niemeyer class being taught by Kelly who is a certified Quiltworx instructor.  Striving for student success Judy has developed a curriculum so that instructors of the Quiltworx patterns would  teach her specific techniques and thus a student could come away with a spectacular quilt!

This list was taken directly from the Quiltworx site and lists what the certified instructors are trained for...

  • To Teach Patterns that they have completed and Can Provide Samples of
  • To Conduct Lectures and Trunk Shows with your Quilt Shops and Guilds
  • To Teach at your Quilt Shows and Conferences and Provide a Vendor Booth,
  • To Provide you with Assistance in doing Demonstrations and Kitting for Judy's Products
  • To offer Samples, as they have available, to Advertise your Classes with them
  • To Bring your Judy's Technique of the Month Program

This is a peek at the pattern which Kelly was teaching...


I might have to think about this....

Have a great rest of the week and weekend!!  
Fabric Stalkers on retreat...you rock!!!

6 comments:

  1. Her patterns are beyond gorgeous, but, for me, they are way too time consuming. I know I'd never finish one so it's not on my bucket list. I get distracted too easily and if something is too complicated or too many itty, bitty pieces, I get bored with it and won't finish. Fabric is too expensive for me to spend a ton of money on only to have it sit unused. I'm only an intermediate quilter, so I don't think I'd be qualified either for this advanced type of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her designs and almost took a class but couldn't get the time off. I do have one of her table runner patterns I think.

    Lovely colours in that first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are amazing quilts, love her designs.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you started with a simple/beginner pattern you would be shocked at how easy it is! You need to be organized. Go to YouTube and watch her video!

    ReplyDelete