Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Note To Self

I decided I needed to write a Note To Self...as we are winding down with less than 12 days till we are home again...granted for only a short while...but, still our feet will hit the soil of Sisters.  A Note To Self is not only a reminder about what worked, didn't work...what I should have brought...what I didn't really need to bring...a kind of check list about quilting on the road.

Next time...I need a better iron.
                 a 6 inch square ruler
                 a seam ripper
                 

What I don't need to bring is cross stitch...seems at least on this trip to be on the back burner...which then means I didn't need my magnifying lamp.  I am really glad I brought my box of stitching thread.

I am working on this quilt and have all the blocks stitched but the pattern calls for them all to be cut down to a 4 1/2 square...dang...I wish I had brought that  6 inch square ruler.  Oh well,  it'll get done and I am learning patience.


The number one Note To Self...don't be hard on yourself about not meeting the goals...life is about savoring the journey and sometimes that means being flexible.  Keep your heart open...there are some awesome people you will meet along the way.

9 comments:

  1. Good notes ....Safe travels home 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who had a ski cabin that she would go to for weekends in the winter. She had a case/box that was always backed to go that had duplicates from her sewing room. Maybe you can do a small version with quilting necessities that can fit into the cooler along with your featherweight. I have one of those cutlery holders with a handle that I keep odds and ends that comes on retreat wi me. It can hold a 6 1/2" sqare, rotary cutters, scissors with the advantage of a handle and small footprint. The only problem is remembering to put the item back in it when I take it along to a retreat.

    Have some lovely adventures on the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a fishing tackle box to carry around some essentials if I am going to be plunked down somewhere for a while. I find it sturdy enough for scissors and all the compartments work well for storage. I love all the ideas people come up with for just this circumstance. Anyway, love those blocks...going to be wonderful all together. Enjoy and I love your saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha... you, G and Enzo are such troopers with enormous patience. I've been following along with you and all your adventures. I love Arizona and New Mexico - I guess that the vastness of the horizons soothes my soul. Take care and safe travels.
    Terry in So. Calif.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your notes to self! You are super organized and seemingly incredibly productive, it is okay to chill at bit - I have to remind myself that all the time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patience is something I think we all work on our entire lives. Here is a quote I love; "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit" Aristotle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to read about your adventures and see all your quilting accomplishments. Always inspiring. What is the name of the pattern with the owl, bunny, etc? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete