Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Enzo aka Sheldon

The Quilt Roadie Adventure has been eye opening in so many way.  I have not even made a dent in the projects that I have brought but I do love the belief in myself...so delusional but, good.  I did finish stitching one block of Thanksgiving, one block of Bring Home The Trees, my Buttermilk Basin Fall table mat, one block of the Yoko Saito BOM, the blocks for the flannel baby quilt, part of the French General Quilt, most of the Bee Hive embroidery....hummm....actually I have finished quite a bit!  I dream big...always...LOL

Being in a 24ft RV with the other 2 members of my tribe for 5 weeks...and still 2 more weeks to travel has been an education.  G and I get along pretty darn well to a point...at times we both want to be the wagon master...and neither of us wants to be the tail end of the wagon train, LOL.  We travel well together and work out the challenges of being together 24/7.  He insists I take a few sew days, LOL...wonder why?

The real interesting member of our tribe is Enzo.  Enzo is without a doubt a peculiar soul.  When I would visit the puppies trying to decide which one I wanted...Enzo was the only one that ran to the fence and would watch me drive away.  He is beyond smart...has a touch of OCD and sometimes we wonder who trained who???

This trip has brought out all his peculiarities.  When ever I watch The Big Bang which is one of our favorite shows...I see Enzo in Sheldon.  So much so that I think I should have named him Sheldon.  Order, is the requirement of the day and he has a special spot...just like Sheldon.  I have even seen the same expressions on Enzo's face that I have seen on Sheldon's



Traveling with Enzo requires patience and flexibility.  He will not eat or drink...no matter how hungry or hot it is outside if the slide on the RV is in...which means an 8 hours drive he won't...I mean refuses to drink a drop of water.  I gave up worrying about it and he seems to have survived the journey.  He wants to sit right behind G's seat...back to back while traveling.  If we turn on the fan because we are going to cook...he goes under the table and hides (we know why)  He will not eat or drink unless we say "eat" or "drink" and both G and I have to be sitting down and eating before he'll eat.  In this photograph we have told him to eat but he is sitting and waiting...giving me that backward evil eye because the cutting board should not be next to his bowl...I tell you...we do love this guy and he is a hoot and a half...but, definitely his name should have been Sheldon.


Hope you are having warm weather where ever you are...
we sure are enjoying it here!
Happy Stitching!

9 comments:

  1. i love the side eye and double take that Enzo did when I was trying to get a picture of him last year. He is such a great dog. Thanks for sharing some of his quirks.

    Before you know it the next two weeks will be a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Enzo....Maybe you should sing "Soft Kitty" to him LOL 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allie has to be coaxed to eat, cajoled at times. Aren't these SPoos funny! I'm not sure what your plans are, but our RV may be driving into the Bend area in early June... still ironing out plans to make a quick sweep of central to coastal Oregon with granddaughter and daughter in tow. Hope to meet up if you're in town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny :) We're very glad our kitties allow us to live with them...they have us trained very well..haha.

    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Enzo stories. I have Labs and they will eat anytime, anywhere. A picky dog is so foreign to meπŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pets are so fun! Love their different personalities. I do think they train us though. You are lucky though that Enzo will travel with you. Our dog wants to be with us but does not like riding in the car. Even if we took her along we couldn't leave her alone while we went into a store or restaurant. We have never tried it but she gets very anxious when we leave home or one of us leaves her in the car with the other for a quick run into the store. She also has some funny quirks and she's a hoot...definitely runs our household. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I realize our 19' is way too small when we are stuck inside, lol. I took a photo of the area we were in with the other trailers and I had to look twice to find mine, lots of big rigs. Bean is the same way, he gets picky when camping and we have to tell him to eat and drink, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our ornery rescue dog, Diego, won't drink in the car from a water bowl even after a long walk. He may take a small amount from my cupped hand. I do handwork in our camper. I don't use my featherweight often because we usually camp in rustic campgrounds. The generator has to be started which is not too noisy but still distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At the end of your videos, when Enzo is on, I call out for my daughter's cocker spaniel Luna because she likes to watch him.

    ReplyDelete