Thursday, March 23, 2017

No Regrets



Isn't this the truth!  We are now spending the week with G's uncle and aunt who we haven't seen in over 7 years and I can't say enough how glad I am we made the trip!  Connection with family and friends is the most important part of life.

I have been squeezing a little time in here and there for some sewing..started my second set of quilt blocks using a French General Jelly Roll!  We are going to hang out here in the desert for a few more days which means I just may get this quilt top done in between the 4 wheeling!!! LOL


Our visit to Hoover Dam was nostalgic for me because I remember when my mom and dad took there first "no kids" vacation and it was to The Hoover Dam.  As we walked around I wondered what it had looked like when my parents were here?  Much changed after 9-11.  A Bypass was built so that large trucks and buses could not drive across the dam because of it's importance to our nations infrastructure.  Hoover Dam has it's own police force and security department.  You must go through security check points to visit the dam...as in G had to get out and open all the outside compartment for inspections and a security officer entered our RV for a quick check.  Enzo looked guilty right away...and then the security officer started talking to him and it was tail wagging time, lol.  I wondered what my dad would have thought about it all.



Definitely worth a stop and visit...considering it was between 1931 and 1936!


Keep on Keeping on...stitching!


4 comments:

  1. We were lucky....we visited the Dam before 9/11 and went on "the Dam Tour".....still have our hard hats from it.....got to walk all thru the innards....and realize that all that machinery rumbling made me so nauseous that I never wanted to do it again....and of course we havent because of 9/11

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recall driving past it at a snails pace and couldn't get into the parking. Glad Enzo was able to charm the inspector after appearing guilty.

    Your quote is appropriate for my day today, you'll understand later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was there a couple of times, pre 911. Loved it. If you go near LV again, try to stop at Quiltique quilt shop in Henderson. It is fabulous. Wish I could get there again.
    Kitty, in Syracuse, NY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting to me how often I think to myself, wonder what mom or dad would think of "this"?

    Interesting facts about the Hoover Dam and some lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete