Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Empty Spools

Although I attended Empty Spools to learn from master applique artist Sandra Leichner I was lucky enough to be sitting with a group of woman who are part of an applique group back home.  And, one of those  Karen teaches applique!  I really benefited by my investment in Empty Spools...2 teachers for the price of one. 


I also learned some interesting tips!...If you don't have any tissue paper to wrap your applique in for travel a seat cover works just fine! LOL...I love the ingenuity of quilters!!!


Sandra and the applique group from Massachusetts...truly it is the people you meet that make quilt workshops worth attending!


Enjoy a glimpse of Sandra's applique :)

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital collage personalized with Smilebox

7 comments:

  1. Okay I'm confused, you talked about tissue paper and I see what looks to be a cut down pool noodle and a cover to a heating pad?

    I recall that she does needle turned appliqué it will be a great project to take along on your next quilt roadies trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna you are so right about the people we meet along the way. You, Lori and Robin made this trip even better than I had hoped it would be. Hope to see you again in our quilting travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful retreat and a lot of beautiful work.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Loved the glimpse of her work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Echoing Sandi, so the appliqué is sandwiched between two seat covers and then wrapped around a pool noodle? Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a good time! Beautiful work...

    ReplyDelete