Thursday, February 9, 2017

Here Comes The Sun...We Hope...

So far this month I have been stitching up a storm for 3 different reasons...one, I hate being home alone and G had to go over the mountain for a couple of days which meant I spent a lot of time in my sewing room.  And two...the snow is driving me to stitch and three...rearranging my sewing room created a peaceful Feng Shui which means I love being up there!  

My goal as you know has been to chip away at the UFO pile but that hasn't precluded me from shopping.  I will say that I have become really picky when I shop.  But every so often something passes across my view and I must have it!!!

I have always been a fan of Hatched and Patched.  I have made several of Anni's pincushions but I was wow'd by her latest pattern.  How could you not love Dancing Chickens & Flying Pigs!!!  It is a BOM but since she is in Australia I decided to order the whole pattern and put my own kit together...it is not as if I don't have enough wool around here, lol


And...she included a free mini pattern!  So Sweet...and now that I have been stitching up a storm I have a few project boxes to fill with new ones.


Sometimes you just have to fresh up the project list!  Hope you have a wonderful sunny weekend...we could all use a little bit of sun!

11 comments:

  1. Looking forward to see what fabrics you used that quilt, it looks like fun! Are those little needle books with sew on the cover!

    Our sun turned to more snow and then ice rain last night. Grey right now witn freezing temperatures. Lunch with mom is the plan today along with stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her stuff is soo cute! I hadn't seen her work yet! I just love that you bring us so many new things.. I will be checking her out right away :-) Her choice of fabrics for the needle keeps are fun, too! Seems like you are making the best of all the snow.. soo glad you have a beautiful quilting room to retreat to.. just hibernate a little bit longer! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please - please post your blocks as you put this together! I love her work and this is simply too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Hatched and Patched! Anni is awesome. Have MANY patterns, but haven't done any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her pattens are fab. Can't wait to see your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute pouches! I can see those are going to be perfect gifties for your quilting friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna, Thanks for the introduction to Hatched and Patched! I love the pattern....might have to place an order!!! Love finding new designers! Stay warm and stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute pattern! Can't wait to see yours put together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Hatched and Patched and that pattern is no exception!
    Thank goodness the snow is melting in Madras! Enough already!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you tell me,how you ordered your pattern? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your projects are sew cute, putting a dent in the old check book :) I finished my "Let It Snow" wall hanging today!!! On to more "Farm Fresh Trees"

    ReplyDelete