Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Chit Chat Tuesday

As you know if you follow the Quilt Roadies videos I am on full tilt organizational mode for the first road trip of 2017.  What I realized is that I won't have time to get all the quilting that needs to be done by the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show without help.  After piecing 3 backings, making sure I had the right sized batting I took 3 quilts to BJ's Quilt Basket where Sandi, long armer extraordinaire picks up quilts that need her artistic touch.  Occasionally, one has to resort to quilt by check book.

I had not been to BJ's in a long time...so long, that ownership had transferred.  The shop has always been spacious but now it seems to be even more so...and, there seemed to be a wide variety of fabrics from Batiks to 30's...whole shelf of Laundry Basket fabrics..I saw a lot of fabrics that could live in my stash just fine, LOL


Enjoy the slide show and put this shop on your must visit list when you travel through Central Oregon!  Heads up, they are doing some maintenance over at The Quilt Show Daily Blog so Anna & G On The Road won't post till Friday :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A digital slideshow by Smilebox

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt shop ! I really love the Old Blue quilt :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed at the size and selection of things at BJ's. I think the first time I went there was in the early '90's. Nice to hear that they will be around to enjoy for longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you share some of your pieced backings with us, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the slide show. BJ's is on the list to visit this summer. What's the name of the interfacing you put on the back of your wool applique blocks? Was at Fabric Depot and couldn't remember the name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful store to visit, wish our good ones would stop closing.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to plan a trip down, just to go there, it looks like a great shop to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretties......but my favorite has always been the Lone Star!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many pretties......but my favorite has always been the Lone Star!

    ReplyDelete