Thursday, January 12, 2017

Snowmageddon


Well needless to say...we have a little snow...we having been spending our days plowing, stitching and playing music.  The thing is we used to have winters like this regularly but it has been over 25 years since we have seen this much snow for this long on the ground.  And, I love it!  This amount of snow forces you to set your priorities.  I do recognize that being retired makes this amount of snow beautiful...back when I had to get up at 4 in the morning to plow before work at 5:30 was no fun!


I was tempted to head to our little spot in Portland till I saw the news...there is no escaping snow in our life, LOL  Here are a couple of views of downtown Portland!


I love this one!  This is in Pioneer Square...
someone gave him a snow shovel, LOL!


When the view out your sewing room looks like this all you can do is decide which project to work on...which is what I did between the plowing schedule.


The result was another project box emptied!!!!  I finished piecing the top to my Snapshot BOM from Fat Quarter Shop.  Enzo may be a little bored with it but I am tickled with how it turned out.  Each block consisted of many pieces but it all went together perfectly. This quilt makes me smile!


Have a great stitching weekend and lets keep working on those UFOs!!!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely finish! Great way to enjoy that snow...from inside the sewing room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've never experienced that amount of snow at once. I was in Montreal with a friend in 1977 and it snowed 12" overnight which made sightseeing a challenge.

    I saw a photo of that deer when it had a dusting of snow earlier in the day! Good use of your time, that snapshot quilt is sweet. At this rate you'll have it quilted by the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you guys have a little tractor for plowing the snow? All this snow in such a short amount of time is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! Love all the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a Great Finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please keep the snow out your way. I might be retired but I still have to shovel when it hits..

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really did get a lot but it does look beautiful.
    Love your quilt, that is really beautiful and fun.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on another finish! I'm so happy you are happy to keep all the snow by you...I don't want any here! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know - our snow level is so crazy and Sisters got bonus snow I think! What a sweet quilt you finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always I can't wait to read your posts! I love the picture from Pioneer Square. When I was there last he had a colorful scarf around his neck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to listen to books!! Combine that with sewing and what could make the day any better!

    ReplyDelete