Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Quilt Retreat

Last weekend was the first Fabric Stalker Retreat of  2017!  Only 5 of us were able to enjoy the time away but as with any retreat, timing doesn't always work for everyone.  Here in Central Oregon we have been buried in snow since the beginning of December and we are expecting more!!!  What this meant was G and I had to dig out of our house and also the Fabric Stalkers had to dig into the retreat house.  While plowing the driveway and clearing the berm that is created by the plow I fell flat on my bum...as in feet in the air!  The fall was in slow mo...so slow that G couldn't believe I had fallen until he saw the bottoms of both my feet in the air.  Most people when they fall have an immediate embarrassment response...not me...I am like a toddler.  When I fall I look around yelling "I fell down", drawing attention to myself.  He came a running, lol.  It is times like that where I am grateful for my padding.

There was a good 10+ inches on the driveway of Quiet River which had to be cleared so we could carry all our retreat supplies inside. And, just so we wouldn't forget it is winter...we had to dig ourselves back out at the end of the retreat...so rude!




Quiet River was my mother's vacation home which my sister now owns and so whenever I walk inside I am filled with so many memories of family times.  Also the home is filled with quilt memories.  The Fabric Stalkers have been coming here for retreat for several years and so when my mom passed away they put together this beautiful quilt in her memory which hangs in the great room.


Years ago I made this wall hanging using the stained glass method.


My mom was a sailor and I loved making this  wallhanging for her birthday one year.  It is a combination of pieced and fusible applique.


I loved seeing this piece again...it was a needle point I did in college way before I became a quilter :)  


I put together a little slide show of what the Fabric Stalkers were stitching on retreat.  I hope you are inspired to dig out those UFO's!  Don't forget tomorrow to check into The Daily Blog

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a digital slideshow

7 comments:

  1. Your retreat albeit snowy sounds idyllic to me. What a great excuse for staying inside warm and snug and quilting! Fun Memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness there is so much to look at and lust after. What a talented group you are. Thanks for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even with the snow, it is a beautiful place for a retreat. Love the quilt for your mom and the lighthouse piece, and lots of wonderful eye candy today.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting back and forth in the snow. It looks like you all got a lot accomplished with not being able to get out for walks.

    We are having our fourth sessions of outflow frigid winds, we usually only have two or three in the winter and we aren't even a month into winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun retreat! It always amazes me how much you are able to accomplish!
    Sandie Davis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so startled when I saw the photo of your needlepoint lemon picture! I made that same piece, probably some time in the 70's, except I made mine into a pillow. It's great you gals 'carried on' in spite of the snow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun to join your retreat! Amazing Stalker work! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete