Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January Goal Review & February Goals

First I want to share with you how powerful it has been for me to write down my goals.  It is like a switch in my brain occurred when i put my stitching intention to the dry erase board.  I approached my goals list with grace.  First, I changed it on paper until I had a list that I liked and then wrote it on the dry erase board.  I kept it realistic...and, I allowed myself to acknowledge that I may not meet all the goals.  Also, the goals list does not preclude me working on other projects as my whims change.  I have to say there is a real satisfaction in crossing off a met goal, LOL.  


As I pondered my February Goals I approached it the same way.  I wanted to mix it up, be realistic and have some fun.  The list is a bit longer than January's but I still think I kept it realistic...we shall see by the end of the month.  


G is a Ground Hog baby so this week we will be celebrating and dreaming of our first 2017 RV trip.  I have to start plotting in February because we will be leaving in March some time.  I need to be prepared for stitching on the road!  Will anyone out there in Blog Land be stitching on the road this year???

10 comments:

  1. For 2017 I, too, have set monthly goals! In fact, I was just telling myself that I am not going to chastise myself for not meeting all of my January goals. I'm enjoying watching you accomplish yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the item that you crossed of on the UFO BOM list at the bottom? I can't figure it out. Have fun with your goals.

    Happy Birthday to a fellow Aquarian G! Another to add to my list.

    Looking forward to see where your first trip takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to G..

    No on the road stitching for me.. other than thru you vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with your goals! I have been writing things down this year too and I think it does help to keep me focused when I seem to want to play squirrel. LOL I hope to have some stitching prepped for the summer months too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really good UFO busting in January. Might have to copy your goals chart, and I'm looking forward to more Quilt Roadies videos this year.😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did January go? Have a permanent spot for our camper which takes 3 hours to get to. Have list started for what to take. I am working on my first wool project. Happy birthday to G!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have my stitching plans for our first road trip in March. Hopefully without snow!!! Can't wait to follow you Quilt Roadies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Overachiever! But seriously - very cool tracking your goals! I like the whiteboard idea! Looking forward to seeing your RV travel/on the road videos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have lots of goals but if I write them down, it will overwhelm me, lol. I am just taking it one step at a time for now, no pressure. I am thinking camping too, can't wait for the nicer weather and start exploring camps in Ct and Mass for weekend getaways. Also a trip to maine this year.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you first started your white board I thought - What a great idea! I just ordered my first white board to go in my sewing studio and am so inspired to use it as you have.
    My sew/travel this year will be an extended visit with family on the other side of the country in June. I'm planning how to ship one of my machines and which projects to bring (for about 3 weeks time). I'm hoping my white board organizing will help prepare me for that?! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete