Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Here's To Dreamers...

 It is hard to believe that G and I would have any time to do anything else but shovel snow...but we took a break and went to see La La Land.  It was entertaining and we are huge Emma Stone fans.  It really is a fun movie to see on the big screen and it is a tribute to dreamers...and I can't imagine a bigger group of dreamers than quilters!


This book was a must read.  A non-fiction it talks about the legal system in America through the eyes of the author.  You think boring...it is anything but...I couldn't stop reading it.  And I recommend it to every citizen.


Back to the snow...what a pile.  I told you last week while shoveling I took a cartoon fall and boy have I been paying for it...oh my aching sacroiliac!  It is going to take a while to mend from that bounce...and now we are preparing for the Big Melt.  Temperature is predicted to go up this week.  G and I spend the weekend, taking down the Christmas lights, digging the snow away from the house and piling sandbags to direct the flow from the melt away from the front of the house.  Oye Vey...winter is beautiful but boy is it a lot of work!


In between all that outdoor work I made time to stitch.  The dreamer in me came out and I started working on old projects.  My Sew Spooky really took a leap.  The whole center is completely done!!  Now for the pieced blocks of candy corn and a border of bats!  I have put it away till next month  so I can keep chipping away at other projects!


Here are a few shares from Fellow Woolies...I love how the mini Buttermilk Basin mat is framed and interchangeable!  Never thought to do that with them :)  Wonky trees will become an awesome quilt...I especially love the one with the snowman!  Please join me on Instagram and when you post a photo hashtag it to either #2017bomquiltchallenge #2017stitchchallenge or #2017ufoquiltchallenge  and then we can all share the journey this year!!!  I have decided that is the best place for us to support each other and be inspired!

Check out The Daily Blog tomorrow to see which new BOM I am participating in...maybe you would want to join me!  Crazy loves company!!!  Have a wonderful stitching day!

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
This collage personalized with Smilebox


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Sew Spooky progress! That looks great.

    I laughed at seeing my untrimmed trees on yout share! I need to make a few more. Raining here all night and has warmed up significantly.

    Enjoy the beauty of your snow while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great quilts and I need to get myself motivated, so fun seeing all the pieces. I bet that is going to be a mess when it all melts.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew Spooky is looking good! For tomorrow, I am hoping that you will be discussing the new Buttermilk Basin BOM. If so could you discuss what you will be using for the background? I don't want to use wool and I am thinking you used cotton on the last one so maybe this one also and if so what do you suggest? Anyway, cannot wait to see what's in store for tomorrow's post. Good to hear that you are melting down finally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have my kids show me how to do/use instagram :)so I can share The first block of Farm Fresh Trees. Thanks for hosting it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Spooky quilt - your are really getting a lot done! Thanks for the book recommendations, just ordered it! I love how the trucks are set up! Gives me some ideas because I've wanted to make those as a memory to my dad, who was a mechanic and always had a truck and now I know what I'll do. I'm going to need to contact someone in IT to help me get my Instagram account working. Two years ago we had the amount of snow you are getting this year. It's not fun when you live in a city and there is no place to put the snow after a while. My son lives in Boston and couldn't get his car out for over a month! We've had snow since 5pm last night, but it's been off and on and very light and hasn't amounted to much. Unfortunately, it has turned over to rain and then back to snow so we we sleet and ice and a little of snow - supposed to do that all day, and then it's going into the 40s - gotta love New England!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna! I just discovered your blog and am looking forward to watching more of your YouTube videos. My daughter just had to read that just mercy book at college and told me I have to read it. She loved it.

    ReplyDelete