Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Holiday Chit Chat




Yesterday Enzo and I walked down to the post office and then stopped for a cup of coffee.  When my coffee came there was a message :) and I was reminded that for all the joy, tinsel, parties and gift giving it can be daunting for those that are grieving or alone this time of year.  And, sharing a little love can make a difference for someone. There isn't a one of us that isn't missing someone this time of year.  Today I am going to make an effort to listen for the grief. 




I just had to share one of my Christmas cards.  I shared my friend Marilyn's holiday decor yesterday...today, I am sharing the cutest Christmas card she sent.  She always is very selective with her Christmas cards and this one is a winner!  It is actually demensional! And she included a photo of me...her and George :)



I also was gifted the cutest Hexie pincushion...and no that is not pre-printed fabric but actual mini hexies!! which arrived in this adorable Wool box.  I love them!!


Finished a couple of holiday projects I was working on...so feeling quite smug.  It is hard for me to believe it is only 5 days till Christmas...how did that happen!  Today I am heading into Bend for some holiday  celebrating with quilt friends and we are to bring a project which we are declaring will be our 2017 project to finish and a project which we finished in 2016...can't wait!! 

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet card and great pictures of you, her and George.

    Have fun in Bend. Happy First Day of Winter this afternoon it arrives. Yeah the days will be getting longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea to have a completed project to made you feel good and then the uncompleted one to move you along. I have always liked your idea of taking stock of UFO's and weeding through them this time of year...What will I finish? What needs to go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your thoughts about listening for the grief are spot-on. A dear friend just lost her husband of 50 years last week. I can't even begin to imagine her pain and loneliness right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful card and gift. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and are able to spend it with the boys.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful weekend... thanks for your always cheery and sensitive posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very true that it not only a special time of year filled with gratefulness and joy, but also a time of nostalgia and longing, as well as grief and loss. When you want to fast-forward into the next year. Good to keep in mind. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable picture of you, love the truck, and that wool box and pin cushion are just too cute! A little love (like the heart on the drink) can go a long way...sweet post.

    ReplyDelete