Friday, December 30, 2016

2016

WOW,  I don't know about you but this year flew by...there were moments of shear joy and deep sadness. But, isn't that the definition of a full life :)  I dream that each year will be a full one no matter what it brings.  When I made the 2016 slide show I realized how much I had experienced, how many new people  I've met, the number of projects I had finished, the quilt shops I enjoyed. I also started writing once a week for The Quilt Show plus G and I began our Quilt Roadies journey.  I realized that woven in all this was a lot of wasted time judging myself about fabric I have bought, kits I ordered and projects I have not completed.  Life is too precious to waste on that which is negative or draining of spirit.

And so, my Word for 2016 is Detox.  I am going to detox the negative in my life.  Whether it be my own brain conversation, that which the media vomits, negative people, self judgment, other people's judgment...I am going to treat my life as a beautiful commodity and detox that which drains.

I have been using a dry erase board since November for a way to track my monthly goals and I have enjoyed the process.  It hasn't made me feel bad if I don't meet them but gives me information on how I might use my time.  So in 2017 I will continue with the monthly goals.

I have settled on 2 Quilt Alongs...if anyone wants to join me.  One is Bring Home The Tree if you send me a photo of your completed block I will post them here on the 3rd Friday of the month. 


My second Quilt Along is Sunflower Gathering which is a Primitive Gathering BOM from 3 years ago...so if you have it tucked away in your closet drag it out and quilt along with me.  Mine will be only 8 blocks so it will fit a wall in my house :)  but all the same setting blocks and borders.


The other quilts that I plan on moving from the UFO pile to the finish pile are ...Sew Spooky, Granny Squares, Snapshot Quilt and my Yoko Saito Floral Bouquet :)  of course I have all year to do that, LOL!  Of course these will not preclude any new projects I might want to start...yes, it is going to be a quilty year filled with fun!!!















And now...a huge apology...as I was organizing the mailing of the last of the Give Aways I realized I had never posted the 12th Day of Christmas Giveaway...holy moley...and so the winner of the Buttermilk Basin kit is ....

Judy Zoll!!!

Be prepared...the 2016 Woolie Review is a long one...afterall it is a full life...so if you decided to watch it...please get a cup of coffee, tea or a bottle of water...a protein bar would be good and some left over Christmas candy :)  Have a safe New Year and see you in 2017!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another free slideshow by Smilebox

19 comments:

  1. A beautiful full year! Hope 2017 is even grander for you! Thank you for sharing it all. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely year of adventures and meeting some lovely interesting people you've had, I think that picture of you, Lori and Robin is one of my favourites.

    Thank you for introducing some of them in person to me.

    Have a wonderful adventurous 2027, can't wait to see what new adventures you take us on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! We all need an infusion of positivity! Sunflower Gardens is languishing in a box in my sewing room and the pattern for Bringing Home The Tree was a must have. All I need is a little firm shove! I'd like to start a Grammy Squares quilt too...and knock off some UFO'S. First call is to get my space back in order, remove some distraction. My word for the year needs to be FOCUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! That was one monster of a slide show! :) I'm one lucky bug to be a small part of Anna's life. Detox is a great word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review. I look forward to spending 2017 with you .

    ReplyDelete
  6. 152 slides!! I will need to have a full day to look at that slides show, but I will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful slides! Great quilts, scenery, smiling faces. Thanks for sharing it all with us. Happy New Year to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have had quite the year but filled with fun and friends.
    I need to do the same thing, taking time for me for awhile, just creating and working on projects that make me happy and the rest can wait.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year and thank you for always bringing such a positive perspective to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love that Bring Home The Tree quilt. Hmmm...I think my want-to-do list of 2017 projects needs this one. I laughed when I saw your Snapshot Quilt in your UFO list. I have that one in mine, too. Maybe we'll finish ours this year...or not. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sew fun! Thank you for sharing with us! Happy New Year to all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anna, you sure packed in a lot in 2016!! Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for the new year.:)
    I always wonder what it is about the Pacific Northwest-I think there are more quilters per square mile than anywhere else in the country!
    Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Staying home this New Year's Eve; so just finished your slide show highlighting your year. What a wonderful year you had!!! The camping, quiltshops, friends, and the beautiful projects you finished....your life is amazing!! I am hoping this will inspired me for the coming year to do a little sewing or applique each and every day. I lost my best friend and quilting buddy Oct. 29 from Ovarian Cancer and I miss her terribly. It took the desire to do anything crafty right out of me and I haven't done anything since working on a wool piece during one of her infusion sessions in August. She and I took a class with Lisa Bongean and another with Pam Buda at the Maine Quilt Show in July and that was our last adventures together. I know she wants me to enjoy it as she always did and am going to do my best to start tomorrow.
    I am so grateful for a quilting friend from NY for telling me about your sight and sharing the link to one of your video adventures early this year...now I am hooked!! Looking forward to what you will share with us in 2017. Happy New Year and thank you for the joy you have given me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super inspiring slideshow Anna! You used your year very well. It's wonderful that you take the time to document all the fun & share it with us. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anna as always beautifully composed slideshow! Thank you so much for taking us all along on your adventures! You have inspired me to set my "long range goals" not so long range and monthly.
    I am so excited to get my pattern for Bringing home the tree so that I can stitch along! My stitches are so crude compared to yours but hopefully as the year progresses so will my skills lol.
    Happy New year Anna,G and Enzo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anna as always beautifully composed slideshow! Thank you so much for taking us all along on your adventures! You have inspired me to set my "long range goals" not so long range and monthly.
    I am so excited to get my pattern for Bringing home the tree so that I can stitch along! My stitches are so crude compared to yours but hopefully as the year progresses so will my skills lol.
    Happy New year Anna,G and Enzo

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great life you have! thanks for the memories of the year past. I am anxious to see where you take us this year. Love from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anna, thanks for the great slide show. You had so many adventures this year and I am glad that your joys were many. So sorry that there was also deep sadnesses and I pray that you get through them okay.
    Your jury duty was beautifully productive. :)

    ReplyDelete