Tuesday, November 8, 2016

A Bit of This...A Bit of That....


Well, the birthday celebration is wrapped up for another year :)  My friendship with Colleen started our first year of highschool and we have been celebrating ever since.  The last handful of years we meet either in Portland or San Francisco.  This year it was Portland and the fall colors were a riot.  We turned on the firepit on the deck and enjoyed happy hour girl talk, lol.  Eating at our favorite haunts, browsing Powell's books, visiting the Portland Art Museum and shopping.  A perfect weekend...plus, I got to see my oldest son!!!


The Andy Warhol exhibit was at the Portland Art Museum...I had been hoping to see it and wasn't disappointed.



I also finished a book recommended by a friend...glad I added it to my list.  A modern day interpretation of Taming of the Shrew and I am passing on the recommendation.  Light reading, interesting characters and a good ending...these days we need a good ending.


On the way to Portland I stopped at the shop in Keizer, Oregon.  It was a first time visit and what I found is a small but sweet shop.  Obviously by the number of quilters shopping it is a favorite for many.  Enjoy the slide show :)



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a digital slideshow

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time in Pprtland! One time I'm going to remember to check out Powell's.

    The Cotton Patch looks like a lovely little shop, those pumpkins remind me of the swap we did awhile ago that I need to put together, love those faces. Thanks for sharing another temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you havent read it already - you must read Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan. I wish I didnt have to do anything else but just sit down and devour this book non stop. I hate putting it down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy End of Birthday month, lol.
    I could care less about mine, Bill got me an early present, a camera I can actually carry by myself, so much nicer without the weight. Had fun celebrating with you and following you on all of your adventures.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete