Thursday, October 6, 2016

The Fat Quail

As we traveled down Hwy 101 through Northern California  cruising through Laytonville heading for the Redwood Highway I saw out of the corner of my eye...Quilt Shop...and Open, all in the same blink!  It is amazing how easily a Winnebago View can flip a "Uie" in the middle of a highway!!!

The Fat Quail was a featured shop in Quilt Sampler 2014!  What a surprise find for the Quilt Roadies !!


It was literally on one side of the Highway and as the owner says...they are the only quilt shop on Hwy 101.  When I walked inside...well, all I can say was thank goodness we stopped!!!  This shop had something for everyone!  Although they do not have an online shop if you see anything you have got to have just give her a call and she'll send it along!  And, if you love quail...they have a lot that will interest you :)


I am counting down to my birthday and plan on enjoying the entire month of October!  I have my October Goals written out on my sewing room board and I plan on making some headway starting today!!!  Have a great Thursday, Enjoy the slide show and I hope you can take a stitch or 2!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow generated with Smilebox

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Anna. Thanks for the quilt store show.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this slide show. What a fun shop!! I enjoy following along in your travels and can't wait to see where you go next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fond memories I have of her shop. Love the wood shelves for the bolts, and wood flooring. Does she still have the fat quarters in that old wooden dewy decimal file cabinet from the old library? I need to get back there again. Thanks for the lovely slide show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy early birthday....tomorrow. what a find for a shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun shop to visit, love the use of fabrics in their quilts, really beautiful prints. An early Happy Birthday, almost here;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun following you around the quilt shop! Love seeing the fabrics and the quilts and pillow and the doggie at the end! And I didn't buy a thing, amazing :)

    ReplyDelete