Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Chit Chat Tuesday

I so love this quote...so I am sharing it with you :) 


My birthday was last Friday which meant I had to go to the Stitchin' Post to use my birthday coupon!  Robin had one also from her birthday so we walked around and around and around...trying to make a decision.  I ultimately settled on 2 carved wooden stamps, a flannel jelly roll and a yard of Halloween fabric. Between the Stitchin' Post and Twigs you can always find something you need to take home!  The really awesome thing is that there are still 21 days left of my celebration!!!


I did it!!!  I finished stitching and piecing my Making Waves by Sylvia Pippen!!  I really thought when I laid out my blocks that I was in trouble but with her instructions for putting them together it was so easy!  I decided not to put the motif in the top border...I like the borders plain to show off quilting.  I plan on using the envelope method and then lucky for me Sylvia gave quilting suggestions.  I love this quilt and that I finished it, LOL.  


Last night was East of the Cascade Guild Night and the featured speaker was none other than Jen Kingwell who's designed My Small World for Quiltmania.  You will be able to see a video interview and some of Jen's quilts on Quilt Roadies shortly.


Now...go check your UFO's 
and see which one you want to start working on!!!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Making Waves finish, it looks wonderful.

    Love Jean Well's Small World, I plan on making it one day. Keeping fabrics and the magazine in a bin as I pick things I think may work.

    Off to my guild meeting, have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest of Birthdays...I think I'll borrow your great idea of celebrating for the whole of your birthday month. The finished quilt top is beautiful...you did an awesome job 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest of Birthdays...I think I'll borrow your great idea of celebrating for the whole of your birthday month. The finished quilt top is beautiful...you did an awesome job 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. My my UFOLOGISTS pile is going to bury me alive one of these days. God forbid if we get a tremor I am done for. LOL. But I have sew many more projects that I want to start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do stamps in the 80's, they are fun for printing fabrics too.
    Love how your quilt came out and love how the stitching looks.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you celebrate your birthday all month. My Mom always did that too...so much fun. Life is short so we have to take advantage of those special days as much as we can.
    Love your quilt. It turned out awesome! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you celebrate your birthday all month. My Mom always did that too...so much fun. Life is short so we have to take advantage of those special days as much as we can.
    Love your quilt. It turned out awesome! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete