Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Homestead Quilts & Gallery

La Pine is in the valley of the Little Deschutes River and thus a hot bed of fishing, swimming...hiking...any outdoor activity you could want.  Located south of Bend about 45 minutes with Hwy 97 running through is where Homestead Quilts and Gallery is located.  On our way to our Labor Day adventure I lucked out when I saw the OPEN sign!  It will take you a while to check out all the nooks and crannies of this shop.  There was a quilt group actively talking, eating lunch and even doing a little stitching.  You could tell that this shop was a meeting place for quilters in the area.



Their Row by Row is Oh Sew Sweet and 
I am definitely going to be making this one!


Enjoy the slide show! 
And there is a new blog post today  
Anna & G On The Road on The Quilt Show

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A free slideshow by Smilebox

4 comments:

  1. This shop is a regular stopover for us as we approach Bend on 97. We usually leave with a pile of purchases! Of course, our first shop stop in OR is The Tater Patch... Such a surprise for us to find two great quilt shops nestled into very small little towns. We can't even support one quilt shop in my home base, Santa Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun shop and their row piece is really fun and unique.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget what a lovely shop it is, thanks for the reminder. Will have to go again next time I come down. I remember that I found some nice wool there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHMYGOODNESS! The gals and the owners husband were just getting ready to close up shop when we arrived there the week of the quilt show... they didnt care.. they were sooo welcoming and they gave me that darling row by row, then asked what i was working on.. as if they had all the time in the world! I showed them my block of the month project that I had been searching for fabrics to get it started... they jumped right in and helped me find just the perfect pieces... I only needed partial yards of each one.. they didnt care.. they happily cut more than a dozen cuts for me and chatted all the while! Such great people!! ...and we LOVED!!! their beautiful Golden Retriever shop dog! She was soo smart and did all her tricks for us!! Such a great shop!! Just had to share that with you all!!

    ReplyDelete