Thursday, September 22, 2016

Beach Time

I grew up on a coast line and the ocean air is a sedative...hearing the waves crash washes away my worries.  I NEED ocean time at least once a year and when you combine it with quilting time...well, that is just cake!

This was our home for 5 days.  The last time I came to the Fall retreat at this house was right after my mom had passed away while sailing on this very ocean 5 years ago.  How time flies...Each day when I need a break from quilting I walked down, put my feet in the water and remembered the good times with mom.




I wanted to show you the cutest little card purse that Julie made for me...girlfriends know just what will bring a smile to your life.


I posted this on Instagram and Facebook when I finished it because I was so tickled when I pieced the block.  It is the first block in a BOM I am participating in with another Fabric Stalker.  Lori sewed hers on retreat and it really inspired me to piece mine when I got home...isn't that what quilt friends are all about...we touch...we pull...we prod...and, we support each other in our quilting making.  I now have the barn bug...all I want to do is make barn blocks...but, poor me has to head to Portland for the Northwest Quilt Expo!!!!


Enjoy the slide show of the Center Diamond in Canon Beach... and be prepared for Quilt Expo Overload next week!!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free photo slideshow

5 comments:

  1. Love all the ocean themed and nautical prints they always carry. Many I've never seen anywhere else! What a great in spring shop. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always lived in a land locked state but I too love the ocean. I try to make a trip once a year. It just does something for my soul. You're right, quilting and the ocean, what could be better!
    Love the Minion purse. The other day I saw a tiny car, yellow, with round silver headlight rings. First thing I thought of was it looked like a Minion. That's what you need to pull behind your motorhome! How cute would that be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always lived in a land locked state but I too love the ocean. I try to make a trip once a year. It just does something for my soul. You're right, quilting and the ocean, what could be better!
    Love the Minion purse. The other day I saw a tiny car, yellow, with round silver headlight rings. First thing I thought of was it looked like a Minion. That's what you need to pull behind your motorhome! How cute would that be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just at the Center Diamond in Cannon Beach on our recent Oregon Coast mini vacation. I was there before you arrived, but that would have been funny to run into you! I love that little shop and always leave with a sweet little treat (of course I still need to finish the Sashiko pillow covers I bought from them 8 years ago, ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a wonderful place for a retreat and nice to be back and feel close to your mom, at the ocean. Looks like it was a great retreat.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete