Monday, August 8, 2016

Monday Muses

Times is moving faster than a quilter at a 50% off fabric sale.  I want to do it all and see it all!  But, there are not enough seconds in a day.  My nature is to try and squeeze it all in but, no can do...I did slow down long enough to visit my dear friend Marilyn.  I couldn't pass up seeing her Hexie quilt all done!  She really has a knack for embellishing.  Whenever I go to her house I have to visit the cowgirl room...my favorite.  

Love the photo of Marilyn with George.



The Cowgirl guest room is so welcoming!


...and I love the quilts that hang in the room :)


This beaded creation of George who was her husband 
Bob's horse is one of my favorite!


The newest creation is stunning!!! Each Hexie is a piece of art all on it's own.  The Hexies are about the size of a small dessert plate and each one has creative embellishment.  You can click on the photo to enlarge.


I took close ups of some of hexies... Enjoy, tell me which is your favorite...have a wonderful Monday...as a last thought...working on a project this detailed might be a way to slow time down...just a thought.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another digital slideshow by Smilebox

5 comments:

  1. It's hard to pick just one! I loved looking for the where's Waldo critter buttons and word buttons she scattered around. That little scissor is sweet and I loved the dog with the tongue hanging out. She did lovely stitching and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fun room and wonderful quilts on the bed and walls.
    Love the idea of theme rooms, I just need to get rid of the clutter first, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a creative lady! It's hard to pick just one, but I think the red one with the beads that spell out "red" is my favorite. I love how she kept similar components in each one, like the chain stitch around the buttons. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW!!,this lady is a master. Gorgeous, to bad I live in Florida,I would love a class from her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW!!,this lady is a master. Gorgeous, to bad I live in Florida,I would love a class from her.

    ReplyDelete