Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Luckiest Quilter in Sisters

What I can share with you is...as a quilt writer you have to believe someone out there is reading your babblings and that you enjoy the process of writing...otherwise why would you spend a portion of each day doing it.  I can honestly tell you that I love the process of the written word...I love books...I like leaving a positive imprint on this crazy world...even when I don't know who is reading.  But, every so often a blessing happens and I am humbled by the knowledge that others share the same quilters heart.

Naturally believing that I am blessed to live in the most perfect quilting place in the world I shout it out ALL the time across the Internet and then someone hear's me, LOL.  I was happy to hear that Michelle from Massachusetts was traveling through the area enjoying some of the spots and shops I talked about...including the Stitchin' Post.  And, she left me a message...Quilters Are The Nicest People...and a bag of goodies!  Thank you so much Michelle for taking the time to remind me yet again how blessed I am in this 21st century quilting journey.



We are definitely on count down to Quilt Roadies time and I am trying to wrap up some projects laying around...not only for me but for others, LOL.  During our quilt festivities I purchased one of Valori Wells hand inked pieces.  I was so amazed by not only the artistic talent but by the process of creating the piece and wanted to get it for my DIL.  Then it came down to the Fear Factor!!!  Not the TV show but that moment every quilter has experienced...how do I quilt it??!!!  I couldn't even fathom cutting it up and my quilting skills...lets just say that with this piece I am on the front end of the Bell Curve.  So, I did the logical thing...I asked Val what to do???


I was Gobsmacked when she said she would quilt it...and, before she could reach that "what the H## did I just say I would do!"  I said, PERFECT...I'll bring it right over!  I dropped it off with it's creator to evolve a little more :)


This week I have family in town so more lovein' less stitching...hope you have a wondeful hump day and don't forget the GiveAway...we are on countdown!  Click the link, leave a comment and please be a registered follower of the blog :)

7 comments:

  1. Luck has nothing to do with it! What you put out there comes back to you...multiplied tenfold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing Ms. Writer! Your posts are never boring, and very fun to read! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to "hearing from you" every day. My apologies for not responding each day so you know your blog has been read and enjoyed. I'm under the impression that you can get a count of how many people have pulled up Woolie Mammoth each day and if that's correct, just know that I'm one of those hits EVERY day. (smile) You do a great job, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, read every post every time. It's family time viewing when you post a Quilt Roadies too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful that Val helped you with the quilting, quilters are the best and a nice surprise from Michelle.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WoW! What a treat to have Valorie quilt it too! Such a great piece! ...and YES! I soo enjoy your posts!! Sometimes I check every day or two.. other tines I get busy and lwt them mound up a while and then its soo wonderful to get a hot cup of tea and browse through all of your recent posts and great videos... its like catching up with an old friend! Love your words.. love your wool.. love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WoW! What a treat to have Valorie quilt it too! Such a great piece! ...and YES! I soo enjoy your posts!! Sometimes I check every day or two.. other tines I get busy and lwt them mound up a while and then its soo wonderful to get a hot cup of tea and browse through all of your recent posts and great videos... its like catching up with an old friend! Love your words.. love your wool.. love YOU!

    ReplyDelete