Thursday, August 4, 2016

Love One Another...


It's done!!!  If you click on the photo it will enlarge and you can see some of the stitching that went on with this project :)  This is a Timeless Traditions pillow pattern by Norma Whaley that I decided to frame it.  I added the additional embroidery stitches to give a little pizazz.   I also decided the heart needed to have something and since I was making it for my son and DIL for their first home I added their last name and the year they bought the house.  Finding a frame was a  bit of challenge because I didn't plan well enough ahead to make the back ground piece fit a standard frame.  I tromped around the craft store until I found something I thought would work...which was a teal colored chalk board.  I popped the chalk board out and painted the frame red.  Then I dripped some wax and finished it off with black paint.  Lightly sanding the wax drips it revealed a bit of the red making the frame have an older look. I am pleased with how it turned out!



I think the deer know something we don't.  They have been incognito for a couple of months but are starting to show up.  Bow hunting season is fast approaching and there is just a slight chill in the air at night.  

We are on count down for the Give Away...so be sure if you are interested to leave a comment on the Give Away post by clicking HERE.  And please be a registered follower of the Woolie blog.  Have a stitchin' Thursday.

8 comments:

  1. What a love house warming gift, lucky you have such a short last name! My eight letter one wouldn't fit! Love the idea of painting red then dripping wax and painting over with back then revealing the red by sanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea. I finished mine and have been having trouble finding a frame. Guess it's back to craft store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the idea. I finished mine and have been having trouble finding a frame. Guess it's back to craft store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The piece is a beautiful idea for a wedding or house gift and the frame is perfect for it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very sweet piece, love the colors you used, and the effect on the frame. Hope they really enjoy their new home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norma designs some sweet things and this gift is so sweet and thoughtful. Lotsa love and effort making that frame just right too!
    We saw a small herd of deer while exploring Sisters our 1st trip, but no luck on subsequent trips. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The framing idea is great! I am taking a chalk painting class on Sat. and watched a few tutorials on the procedure. The wax and sanding idea really adds a nice patina to that frame, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that. Anna! Great job framing it as well!!

    ReplyDelete