Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Featured Quilter at QuiltWorks

I love small quilts...it seems as the years pass I make smaller and smaller quilts...at least when I am making one for myself.  I now only make big quilts when I am giving a family member or friend a bed quilt.  Although I have a lot of big quilt UFO's I now tend to cut them down in size to fit the walls in my house.  I only have 2 places I can hang big quilts and both of those are too hard to change quilts out...so the quilts that are hanging there are staying there,  LOL.  I have been in love with little quilts and even wrote a couple of patterns that were published in Miniature Quilt Magazine when it was still being published.  I was excited when I saw the Featured Quilter Exhibit at QuiltWorks was all about miniatures.  Tina Witherell is truly a miniature quilt artist.  Enjoy the slide show and dream about the little quilts! And, let me know are you big quilt person or a little quilt person???






9 comments:

  1. I think my favourite are the Blue Houses and Blue Stars. Gorgeous collection.

    Learned something new about you, I never knew you had quilt patterns published. You should share some pictures of the ones you designed Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped in there on Mondaym amazing at how small some of the quilts were. The tumbler was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped in there on Mondaym amazing at how small some of the quilts were. The tumbler was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful little quilts and they are fun to make, though I haven't done ones with tiny pieces, yet.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a little quilt person. I love them & can't get enough! Thank you for sharing this exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful! I mostly make lap size or baby quilts anymore. I am collecting 30's fabrics for a bed quilt I want to make, just haven't decided if I have enough of those to start it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for Tina! When she lived in Salem she inspired me to make mini-quilts. I haven't made a large quilt for several years and one of the reasons is they are easier to display and store in our home. I LOVE little quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I worked with Tina for many years. I teased her and called her miniatures really nice pot holders. SHe has been an amazing quilter for years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I worked with Tina for many years. I teased her and called her miniatures really nice pot holders. SHe has been an amazing quilter for years.

    ReplyDelete