Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Double Trouble in Leavenworth, Washington

Leavenworth proved to be double trouble...2 quilt shops!  If you have never been to Leavenworth, Washington it is modeled on a Bavarian Village and with the mountains springing up right outside of town you do feel like you are in the Alps!  We came here years ago when the kids were young and have fond memories.  At that time there was only 1 quilt store and I was a beginning quilter.  The town has grown and is a perfect mecca for families and has that touristy feel with many shops filled with tee shirts and magnets.

Although all that tourist shopping was lost on us...we did find the bakery mighty fine!!  We stayed at a KOA and will have a RV review on the Quilt Roadies in the near future.



It was surprising that there are now 2 quilt shops and they are night and day from each other.  You will have to check them both out.  The Leavenworth Quilt Company is about a mile outside of town at Prey's Fruit Barn, and let me tell you...you will not only walk out with quilty stuff but you won't be able to pass up the fruit right next door!!!



The class room is in the back store room of the fruit barn and the shop is so popular that these students traveled from other towns for a bag class.


I know you will enjoy the slideshow as much as I enjoyed shopping there!  If you see something you like just check out Leavenworth Quilt Company! website.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This digital slideshow created with Smilebox

The second shop is conveniently located in the middle of town and offers a lodging house for those who want to have a retreat.  The owner preferred not to have close up photos  so the slide show only includes overall shots.  The flavor of this shop includes the personal beliefs of the shop owner  which will greet you as you enter and are interspersed through out the shop.  A large inventory of old and new fabrics...so if you are looking for a certain fabric you might just find it here! Be sure to check the date and time of your visit as their hours may be different depending on the celebration of their faith.


Enjoy the slide show!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A free photo slideshow by Smilebox

8 comments:

  1. Loved finding the Leavenworth Quilt shop during my drive they in mid June. So many great things. I was sad that I couldn't get one of their licence plates as there weren't selling them till after I left. :-(. But I did get some other goodie.

    Haven't been able to find parking near Dee's as I'm usually coming thru at a busy time on the weekend but you pictures remind me of past visits. I'm sure you found some good things at each place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Preys is the best quilt store! I just love it too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Preys is the best quilt store! I just love it too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LQC's logo is enough to make me want to visit! I adore their Row by Row's that play off of their logo! Now we have to research those wonderful stitcheries that I have never seen before either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both look like treasure troves Anna! My gosh, you always make me wish we lived in the Northwest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Loved all the photos from the first shop. I have got to get there! LOL Thanks for taking me along on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OhMyGosh! so much fun right there! Soo... ?? I havent heard of the "Simply" line, either! Who is the designer? didya happen to notice? Was the larger embroidery, of the fireplace, coziness a Simply?! and I, too, love the pumpkin~tree! soo cute! Was that by Simply, also? ...and i love the little Sue Spargo bag! Soo cute!! Thanks soo much for takin us along on your fun adventures! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to see more of this cute town! The quilt shops there look fun and interesting. I did see several designs I liked. Oh the pain of deciding which to get! Next pain, making time to work on them!

    ReplyDelete