Monday, August 1, 2016

Chit Chat Monday...

I can't believe it is August!!! I have been trying to catch up since I arrived home...I mean...I added several new projects to my list of "want to do's"  which meant I needed to get a little organized.  There was a pile of fabric on my cutting table for my Farm Girl Quilt that still needed to be washed.  Not wanting to waste time I decided to wash them all together and I threw in 4 Color Catcher sheets...this is an awesome product!  You can see by the sheets they caught some color!


Coming out of the dryer I folded and cut off all the excess stings...I couldn't believe how much thread comes off after washing and drying.  I mean if woven I might have at least another fat quarter!


I put together a little slide show of the Show 'n Tell at Crabapple Hill.  The participants were asked to bring something to share and it didn't need to be a Crabapple Hill pattern.  Although everyone didn't bring something including myself we still had a nice variety of inspiration!  Enjoy the sharing...isn't that what quilter's are all about :)  Don't forget the GiveAway just click on the link, leave a comment you are interested and please be a registered follower of the Woolie Blog.  Have a great stitching Monday!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow personalized with Smilebox

8 comments:

  1. I agree, that quilt full of flowers is incredible! What a lot of applique and stitchery. Beautiful! Lots of interesting show and tell and very talented people. Thanks for the slideshow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of love the picture of Robin peering over her glasses!

    That floral quilt and Robins are both lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you are willing to share your journeys and experiences with us. I loved the show and tell portion. Like the others, the floral quilt was lovely. What an art piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that floral quilt all wool - background too. I want to do something like this..........someday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to wash fabrics but a lot is large pieces and yardage and it does get messy and wrinkled, so I usually wait till I make something with it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank YOU for sharing the slide show and the information on color Catchers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love color catchers! Blessings, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHMYWORD! You really did have such a fun time at Crabapple Hill!! That large flower quilt was incredible!! ...and I also really liked the wool piece, was it a pillow sham?! that had all the wool applique on it? Great design! I just LOVE! that you "take us along" on all of your fun stitching adventures and bring us back such fun tidbits and highlights! <3

    ReplyDelete