Friday, August 26, 2016

Calico Creations Mt. Vernon Washington

On the recommendation of our friends in Gig Harbor we took the L'il Buffalo on the ferry.  While waiting in line to board a car drove up...must be a regular traveler because their dog knew that the person in the booth had treats!!!  We did not let Enzo know that there were dog treats being passed out...


When I Googled quilt shops along the way  I found Calico Creations in Mt. Vernon and I was so taken by the shops Row by Row.  It reminded me of Laura Heine and I knew I was going to make a stop!  When I checked out the sewing group in the space next door I met a Woolie reader :)  Such a treat for me!

Chris & her daughter Becky...and 
yes, that is Becky's quilt that she was working on!!!
Thanks for reading Chris!

Calico Creations is filled...and I mean filled with choices.  In fact it has about outgrown it space...and the space is large!!! LOL


Calico Creations doesn't have an online web shop but if you see anything in the slide show give them a call.  I had to make 2 slide shows today because the Calico Creations has the largest display of Laura Heine quilts.  I love these quilts!  Click on the individual photos and it will enlarge!

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Collage generated with Smilebox

This slideshow of the shop will really inspire you to start making quilting or buying new fabric, LOL!  Have a great weekend and we'll see you on Monday!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a photo slideshow

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to go to this shop, I loved their Laura Heineken quilts and was blown away by their selection of Kaffe Fasset fabrics!

    I may have to make another trip soon, hope they participate in the Wooly Block in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ferries and hoping to go over to the islands when Bill gets some time off. I want to take the car since I think that would be easier on Bean. Love the photos that Sandi got of Enzo.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful shop. I don't get up there often enough but it never disappoints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I loved the Smilebox videos!!! 😊 I saw several patterns or kits I would love to have. Thank you for sharing your trip. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see my post about your visit didn't show........it was so delightful having you come into Calico CReations ! I was so suprised to look up and see a famous face ! Thank you for sharing the photos of my collage quilts......now I feel famous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it,
    Robinets de Baignoire

    ReplyDelete