Monday, August 15, 2016

A Pause...in life...

We are loving the pause in our lives...Our time on Sauvie Island was wonderful!  The weather was perfect and sitting on the beach each day was fabulous.  Miles of beach along the Columbia didn't mean that the sea life didn't make it all the way up to Portland!  As we sat there a huge seal was swimming along!


It was fun to watch all the boater enjoying the fabulous weather...but, I especially enjoyed see the sailboats.  Such fond memories from my youth.


I was so proud that Enzo learned to swim.  It is interesting to me that we have owned 2 standard poodles and 1 toy poodle and only Yoshi, the toy could swim.  Fearless in the water!  But, both standards were chicken.  


Those of you that follow on Facebook or Instagram know that I chose the chickens as project number 2 on this trip.  They are stitched!  When I get home I will do a little embellishing and then put them into a table runner.  I can't wait to show the finished project...you are going to LOL.  


We have traveled up the Washington coast and are settled into Ocean City.  Although it was absolutely perfect on Sauvie Island...here it reminds us of our childhood on the Monterey Bay...foggy, cold and misty.  Which makes for perfect sleeping weather, LOL.  We are planning to work on a wool stitching video today using the latest FREE block by Buttermilk Basin...so, stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like perfect Stitchin weather.

    Where I live along the Fraser River it is also tidal do we se sea lions coming up and feeding also.

    Across the river we have freighters off loading on the Surrey Fraser dockyards. Two mighty North American rivers at work and play. No beaches in my area but lots of herons, sea gulls and Eagles. With an occasional raccoon, skunk, deer and coyote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip sounds like heaven. For some reason I love the ocean. Maybe because I grew up and live in a land locked state. Whatever it may be, water fascinates me. There is always something to see. I can't wait to see the next video. I'm enjoying them immensely. I especially liked the wool tutorials. Sometime if you think of it, can you talk a bit about what kind of thread you use on your wool projects? I've done several wool projects and am self taught so I like to hear about the supplies other stitchers use. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the perfect place to relax, love sitting by the ocean and just watching. Enzo looks so cute swimming, Bean goes in but hasn't braved a real swim yet, just when he accidentally fell out of the boat, then he had to, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like the ideal place to sit and stitch and relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a perfect way to take a pause in life. Love all the pics and seeing Enzo swim...cute!

    ReplyDelete