Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Quilt Shopping in the Tri Cities of Washington

I am not sure why it is called the Tri Cities...there are 3 cities but they aren't any closer than other cities in Washington...anyhoo...while enjoying our adventure at Crabapple Hill Studios we checked out 3 of the local quilt shops.  Our first stop was Amelia's in Kennewick, WA.  It's interesting to see new shops because each shop has it's own culture and this shop although small had stuff in it I had never seen.  They do not have a web presence and no online shopping.  The second shop was Quiltmania in Richland, WA.  they also do not have a web presence.  Quiltmania had a nice amount of fabric to chose from and there was a lot I had not seen before.  Both of these shops have Facebook pages.

Now, the third shop was a mind blowing experience. The word on the street is The Sewing Basket has 11,000 bolts of fabric and plans on adding more.  It is in an old house with another building out back and there are hallways, nooks and crannies stuffed with bolts both current and from a bygone era.  So, if you are finally getting around to that 10 year old UFO and ran out of fabric...she might have it tucked up on a shelf somewhere...but, where...only she will know.  Right next door is the Quilted Country Inn which she rents out for retreats.  I think a few of the gals from the Crabapple Hill Workshop stayed there.

I thought I was share a few of the items I purchased from these shops.  This sweet pile will become a table runner.


I bought this pile came from The Sewing Basket.  It is an older line of Lisa Bongean from Primitive Gatherings and it is hard to find but she had it tucked away on a shelf :)


I picked up a couple of license plates, a threader and stensil to round out my purchases.  Tomorrow I'll show you the Crabapple Hill patterns I needed, LOL


It's a long one...so get a cup of coffee or tea...
the slide show is the inside of all 3 quilt shops...
Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow made with Smilebox

4 comments:

  1. Great slide show Anna, The Sewing basket reminds me a bit of BJ's Fsbrics in Coverdale Oreon, just north of Lincoln City and south of Tillamook.

    I was driving north and saw a sign quilt shop and went off the highway along a narrow winding road that at times the blackberry bushes almost scraped the car. In the bottom of her home was the quilt shop I think she had about 5-8,000 bolts. Love going there she is such a lovely lady.

    Love your purchases. Bet Robin and Lori got some fun things also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice fabrics and fun buys. I need to make a table topper, time to start using my stash.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hands down... the Sewing Basket is where I'd be...often! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get thee behind me Satan! I will not buy any more fabric, I will not.... blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete